Who was the TRUE villain in Jurassic Park?

What was the TRUE villain in Jurassic Park?

• Total voters

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The jello was the villain.

643fd6f4b0a77054fb1f993bc72e0a34.gif

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
T-Rex. The scene where the cars get stranded in the rain with power out scared the **** out of me as a kid and still raises the hair on the back of my neck.

• Agree
Reactions: cmjh10

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA

Now see, I disagree.

Dogson (scientist, BTW...not a lawyer @ImJustKCClone) gave Nedry (Newman) the money to get the stuff, yeah, but was he really a villain?

Paleontology is a pretty competitive science. Maybe his chief rival, a 'spoon in the mouth', rich, British dude, stole his research team. The same research team who had made a lot of advances in regeneration in Dogson's lab, and the same who perfected it elsewhere

All said, can't blame a rich dude taking what he wants. Does it suck I don't have his cash? Yeah...but that's the way things go.

The real villain is Nedry.

Last edited:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Now see, I disagree.

Dogson (scientist, BTW...not a lawyer @ImJustKCClone) gave Nedry (Newman) the money to get the stuff, yeah, but was he really a villain?

Paleontology is a pretty competitive science. Maybe his chief rival, a 'spoon in the mouth', rich, British dude, stole his research team. The same research team who had made a lot of advances in regeneration in Dogson's lab, and the same who perfected it elsewhere

All said, can't blame a rich dude taking what he wants. Does it suck I don't have his cash? Yeah...but that's the way things go.

The real villain is Nedry.
Ooops - I was conflating Dodgson (I looked it up) with Gennaro - the blood-sucking lawyer. You know - the one who left the kids (and got killed in the outhouse).

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Ooops - I was conflating Dodgson (I looked it up) with Gennaro - the blood-sucking lawyer. You know - the one who left the kids (and got killed in the outhouse).

The Lawyer is only doing his job...at the request of the island owner (rich, British dude)...to help legitimize the crazy place. He had no desire to be there. Guy might be a newlywed. A young associate at the firm. Two young kids...plus a LOAD of debt...you know, law school and all...but with not enough to think it's tooooo much.

"I can get out of this and provide for my family."

Villain? Not him.

Last edited:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
The Lawyer is only doing his job...at the request of the island owner (rich, British dude)...to help legitimize the crazy place. He had no desire to be there. Guy might be a newlywed. A young associate at the firm. Two young kids...plus a LOAD of debt...you know, law school and all...but with not enough to think it's tooooo much.

"I can get out of this and provide for my family."

Villain? Not him.
I am NOT going to give you Nedry. He's just too damn easy.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
In reply to the OP, it is obviously Hammond.

He was the boss. He is ultimately responsible.

jurassicpark1.jpg

Help Support Us

Become a patron