U of I loses $1.4 million in lawsuit

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
I can't blame Pollard for losing Hoiberg since he has always wanted to go to the NBA. He deserves a ton of blame for letting Cael go and firing McCarney.
We didn't have the money at the time to keep Cael and upgrade the wrestling facilities.( we needed to build a men's basketball and football practice facility first)

McCartney was going downhill.

Reactions: CyDude16

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
You mean the coach that went 3-9 (and was 3 last minute plays from going 0-12) in year 12 at ISU and have like 4 commits at the time he got fired. 3-9 with the one of the best QBs and the best WR in school history. That coach? Yes he is the most successful coach in ISU history, but that bar isn't very high Mac did a lot of good for ISU but in the end it was time.

I love how a fan base that has allowed a list successful basketball coaches to leave for worse jobs and force one to retire comes and rags on ISU for letting a coach go that struggled to get to .500 every year. After everything KF has done at Iowa fans will be wanting him fired again after this season if he goes 7-5.

Not the intelligent ones.

And I have no idea what you are talking about in your first paragraph. McCarney went 4-8 in his final year. And are you really trying to say Bret Meyer was the best QB in ISU history?

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
We didn't have the money at the time to keep Cael and upgrade the wrestling facilities.( we needed to build a men's basketball and football practice facility first)

McCartney was going downhill.

Mac was going downhill? He had a down year. The two years before he won 7 both years. Five winning seasons in 7 years for Mac got the axe. Pollard was an idiot for firing him and ISU has the least amount of wins of all P5 football programs since. Think about that for a second, they have been the bottom of the bottom, less wins than even Kansas.

Reactions: Rural and YeahBuddy

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Not the intelligent ones.

And I have no idea what you are talking about in your first paragraph. McCarney went 4-8 in his final year. And are you really trying to say Bret Meyer was the best QB in ISU history?

Just putting out there what was going on, go back and read what I said about Meyer. Yes they did win 4 games but one was a gift from the refs and the all were close.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Hell of a negotiator. Took a $1.4 million judgement (could have been appealed) and an unknown risk and turned it into a $6.5 million turd. Good job! Bunch of morons in IC.

I am going to guess that Barta followed the advice of legal counsel on settling and at what amount.

Derp.

• Dislike
Reactions: Rural

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
If $6.5 was the negotiated number, I wonder what the potential exposure cost was.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Iowa "FN" City!! Close to $8 million when the dust settles. Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out Barta!!

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Barta will probably get a raise and contract extention...

l0HlGkZRgNUDJdLGg.webp

Reactions: dawgpound

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
Barta is not a very good AD, but the Hawkeyes win enough football and basketball games to keep him and their coaching staffs employed. An honorable man would resign.

MVCchamps

May 1, 2017
Hell of a negotiator. Took a $1.4 million judgement (could have been appealed) and an unknown risk and turned it into a $6.5 million turd. Good job! Bunch of morons in IC.

Actually the Meyer award with attourney fee's would have been over $4.3M. Capping at $6.5 all in for both seems reasonable.

• Dislike
Reactions: Rural