Desmond King wins Thorpe award

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
You can get your degree and still leave a year early. His stock definitely dropped from last year, that isn't debatable

Link? I have shown draft projections for '17 saying King was a 2nd or 3rd round pick. He went in the 5th.

Weak troll game to kick off a Monday @CyTwins

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Could be wrong but I think he was projected as a late first/early second rounder last year. Right now he's projected as a late first rounder. Think the thing keeping him from going higher is lack of elite speed. Bigger point is he's done himself little if any harm coming back and will make lots and lots of money playing on Sundays.

Here you go Mashup, unless you're calling Gonzo a liar

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I honestly think by coming back that Dez probably dropped from a third to a fifth round selection. That is just my opinion. I think the measurables would have always been against him.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
IMO, Desmond King is a classic case of a football player falling. Look at Aaron Rodgers back several years ago. Rodgers was expected to go in the top few picks. Instead he sat and sat through over half the first round until the Packers finally picked him up at Pick #24. I would also add that these NFL Experts let Tom Brady slide all the way to the 6th Round.

The Draft is an inexact science. Perception becomes reality. Great players slide. Players that will be a bust get hyped into high selections. Anyone remember Troy Williamson, the Vikings picked him at #7 and he was a complete bust.

The Hype was all going King's way after his junior season. After his senior season, King played in the Senior Bowl and the criticisms started mounting so his draft stock fell. Desmond King ran a 4.5 second 40 at Iowa's Pro Day. That is not all that slow.

Here is a good story about Aaron Rodgers fall. Rodgers was predicted by many to be the Top Pick in the Draft.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/articl...gers-2005-draft-fall-alex-smith-49ers-packers

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
IMO, Desmond King is a classic case of a football player falling. Look at Aaron Rodgers back several years ago. Rodgers was expected to go in the top few picks. Instead he sat and sat through over half the first round until the Packers finally picked him up at Pick #24. I would also add that these NFL Experts let Tom Brady slide all the way to the 6th Round.

The Draft is an inexact science. Perception becomes reality. Great players slide. Players that will be a bust get hyped into high selections. Anyone remember Troy Williamson, the Vikings picked him at #7 and he was a complete bust.

The Hype was all going King's way after his junior season. After his senior season, King played in the Senior Bowl and the criticisms started mounting so his draft stock fell. Desmond King ran a 4.5 second 40 at Iowa's Pro Day. That is not all that slow.

Here is a good story about Aaron Rodgers fall. Rodgers was predicted by many to be the Top Pick in the Draft.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/articl...gers-2005-draft-fall-alex-smith-49ers-packers

Agreed, one of the biggest steals of the draft.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
3rd or 4th rounder. See I can do that too. How can you say his stock didn't fall at all from last year?

How can you say he did drop? He didn't go through the combine or pro day last year. He didn't get evaluated and projected at all last year. Yoj have no clue where he projected last year, and even if he did project high, that doesn't mean he would have gone there just like this year proved.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
How can you say he did drop? He didn't go through the combine or pro day last year. He didn't get evaluated and projected at all last year. Yoj have no clue where he projected last year, and even if he did project high, that doesn't mean he would have gone there just like this year proved.

I think his stock dropped from last year like everyone else who isn't a moronic troll. You disagree and I'm not surprised.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
I think his stock dropped from last year like everyone else who isn't a moronic troll. You disagree and I'm not surprised.

Unless you have a link that shows several outlets calling him a 1st rounder, his stock didn't drop as he was projected as a 2nd or 3rd rounder this year. Just exactly what he would have been projected as last year after a pro day of running a 4.5 and being 5'9" and a nickel safety.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Unless you have a link that shows several outlets calling him a 1st rounder, his stock didn't drop as he was projected as a 2nd or 3rd rounder this year. Just exactly what he would have been projected as last year after a pro day of running a 4.5 and being 5'9" and a nickel safety.

King isn't 5'9. Like I said, I think his stock dropped from last year like everyone else who isn't a moronic troll. You disagree and I'm not surprised.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron