RECRUITING: Elijah Brown speaks out about the factors that will lead to his college decision

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I can handle the bad news, but I do kind of get the impression you're talking out of your ass.
Maybe, but he's not exactly going out on a limb.

The effort and evaluation by this staff are great. Hopefully it pays off.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
If goclones69 actually knows something about Juiston to DePaul then I really don't care what happens with Brown. Not that I don't want him, or think he could help us, but I need to go into nut cup mode and work on patience until 2018/19 instead. Every recruit/transfer/juco has their own story, but please don't try to change my mind as to how hard it still is to recruit to Ames, Iowa or ISU. They don't love it like we do. Wasn't any easier for Fred, either.

Last edited:

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I think the DePaul speculation might be a reaction to a Tweet that was juiston in a DePaul uniform. He might go there but I wouldn't over think that one tweet.

• Winner
Reactions: isutrevman

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
If goclones69 actually knows something about Juiston to DePaul then I really don't care what happens with Brown. Not that I don't want him, or think he could help us, but I need to go into nut cup mode and work on patience until 2018/19 instead. Every recruit/transfer/juco has their own story, but please don't try to change my mind as to how hard it still is to recruit to Ames, Iowa. They don't love it like we do. Wasn't any easier for Fred, either..
It's recruiting- knowing your "woe is us" the cup should have already been on.

Do you not understand the field always has better odds? A kid with a KU offer is likely down to ISU, DePaul, RI, and UNLV. Another KU target just committed to NU. Look back over the past 20+ years of ISU basketball. The worst stretch wasn't due to difficulty in getting talent here and arguably had more NBA talent than ever.

• Winner
Reactions: isutrevman

goclones69

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 5, 2012
Got insider info we don't know about?

It's totally possible either way. But you would think having Brown here this weekend after Oregon has had a mass exodus of the key players making them relevant wouldn't point to him favoring Oregon.

Hey man i'm just passing along what my guy in the know told me. I probably should stop sharing these because I just get ridiculed for supposedly throwing random crap out there

• Informative
Reactions: FinalFourCy

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
If goclones69 actually knows something about Juiston to DePaul then I really don't care what happens with Brown. Not that I don't want him, or think he could help us, but I need to go into nut cup mode and work on patience until 2018/19 instead. Every recruit/transfer/juco has their own story, but please don't try to change my mind as to how hard it still is to recruit to Ames, Iowa or ISU. They don't love it like we do. Wasn't any easier for Fred, either.

Brown or Alstork would still help a lot regardless.

We would adjust and play a little smaller.

And pray our young guys are good enough to contribute meaningful time.

• Agree
Reactions: rholtgraves

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Hey man i'm just passing along what my guy in the know told me. I probably should stop sharing these because I just get ridiculed for supposedly throwing random crap out there

Nah, I appreciate you passing what you know along. Your comments just seemed inconsistent, but I understand recruiting is weird.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Assuming it's DePaul for Juiston, I wonder what contingencies the staff has been recruiting. Thornton signed with Memphis yesterday.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

We will see in the next few days how right you were, it seems.

Given that you have pretty much "put on the DePaul cap" for Juiston.

Stick around. If you are right, you will have a ton of credibility.

• Agree
Reactions: ComCY and MartinCy

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006

and that is all you need to say, that you had heard that from someone in the know. Thank you. No need to volunteer sources.

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
It doesn't make much sense to me the interest still in Oregon over ISU with everything they just lost.
Maybe I've just been drinking kool-aid on our freshman

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
It doesn't make much sense to me the interest still in Oregon over ISU with everything they just lost.
Maybe I've just been drinking kool-aid on our freshman

It was actually really surprising for me to see what the Ducks still have left considering they lost so much. Their returning pieces are similar to us with a similar recruiting class.

Last edited: