The Tournament

ISU0454

Apr 10, 2006
Hello fellow Cyclone fans! Have you heard of The Tournament? It’s a 64 team playoff that’s been held the past couple of summers, hosted by ESPN, and the winning team get to split up big cash!

This year we’re trying to put together an all-Iowa State Alumni team…and word is the coach is going to be Marcus Fizer! He’s been recruiting past ISU players to be on this year’s team, and now we need to get as many of US to vote for his team as we can.

If you click on the link below, go to the Midwest Region, you’ll see the ISU Alumni team. Register, then send this email to all your Cyclone friends so we can get this thing going!

Think of the fun we could have…during the summer lull until football starts…if this team, at the urging of Mr. Fizer, can get some of our past players to commit to playing and start to advance through the brackets!

Register and pass this along!

https://www.thetournament.com/teams...-iowa-state-alumni/fan/58e024a1743f3718887833

cycloneted

Apr 19, 2006
Des Moines
Wonder how the potential roster is shaping up.

The way I understand this is that the Iowa State team needs a certain number of votes to get over the hump and be eligible to play, and the voting period is from April 1 to June 1, each person can only vote for one team one time.

Going to vote now - would be fun to see a team of ISU alum out there.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
So far, we know Garrett, McGee, and McKay are in, correct? Anyone else yet mentioned?

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
We are in 5th place now overall for team votes, very nice. I feel like this thread needs a better title, I figured with the off season people would be more pumped for something like this.

HogueNation

Nov 15, 2016
Talked to Fizer yesterday he confirmed the following are on board.

"McGee
McKay
Garrett
Ejim i think
Stinson
Need some more bigs"

Reactions: srjclone

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
Talked to Fizer yesterday he confirmed the following are on board.

"McGee
McKay
Garrett
Ejim i think
Stinson
Need some more bigs"

Said every Cyclone team the last 10 years. I can't think of that many they could use. Homan, Vanderbeeken, Hubalik? Who else?

Reactions: peteypie

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron