Purdue

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Solomon won't back down. I'm not really worried because of that exact reason.

This right here. That kid has looked at good players across from him ll year (moreso recently)and hasn't wilted once. If it wasnt potentially demeaning to him I'd love to give him the nickname of Chief. He is stoic and tough. Just does his job but isn't afraid to break off a rim.

Boilergrad

Mar 17, 2017
We have a couple guys who grew up in the inner-city on our team. When someone resorts to that sort of response, that pretty much tells you what kind of person they are and the beliefs they hold.
Dude, fact of the matter is back in the late '90s your basketball program had a 12% graduation rate. That's what he's referring to. Has nothing to do with racism. So just stop it.

Last edited:

Boilergrad

Mar 17, 2017
Yeah, Michigan shot better than they ever have in their life, and set NCAA records for their 3 pt % in the 2nd half, and won by one point against OSU who was seeded below Michigan and barely made the tourney. Great win! Any team that shoots the lights out at a record level usually win by 20+.

OSU was clearly the better team, and would have won by 10+ if Michigan doesn't have a game where literally everything they threw up there went in. And don't tell me OSU played horrible defense, nearly every shot was well guarded.

I give Michigan credit for knocking them down, but they were not the better team on that court.

Umm, Michigan won the game and has been shooting well for the past 7 or 8 games. They won the Big Ten tourney just like you won the Big 12. Doesn't make OSU a better team. You just don't like the fact that a Big 12 team lost to a Big ten team.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Umm, Michigan won the game and has been shooting well for the past 7 or 8 games. They won the Big Ten tourney just like you won the Big 12. Doesn't make OSU a better team. You just don't like the fact that a Big 12 team lost to a Big ten team.
O good. Someone else to add to the ignore list. Bye Felicia.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
So some Purdue fans have picked up the mantle of some Iowa fans and call our guys who come from the inner city "thugs" .... but it "has nothing to do with racism".... OK

Ever since Royce White (probably earlier but ISU wasn't good before then) we have dealt with some fans' veiled racism against ISU's black athletes so we are pretty attuned to it. The word "Thug" has been thrown around all the time. Now I guess they are bad students from the penetentiary or however that guy tried and failed to spell that middle school-level word.

• Winner
Reactions: HFCS

EarthIsMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2014
Earth
I'd take the head to head now.

You just used the big 12's record against the ACC to show which you thought was the stronger conference. Is that not applicable now?

Well, we, um, chose not to win and stuff.
As of 3/17/2017.... KPConferenceRankings.PNG
As for ISU vs. Purdue, it could easily go either way. But any argument about B10 > B12 this year is stretching.

Conference head-to-head comparison are inherently flawed. Really, any head-to-head record comparing conferences is really quite meaningless. Even if B12 does well in the NCAA tournament I am not going to use that as a solid evidence to argue that it is better than X conference.

CYber_saber

Mar 2, 2017
Dude, fact of the matter is back in the late '90s your basketball program had a 12% graduation rate. That's what he's referring to. Has nothing to do with racism. So just stop it.
Fact of the matter is ISU has registered the best student-athlete graduation rate last year at 82% in Big12

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
Dude, fact of the matter is back in the late '90s your basketball program had a 12% graduation rate.

That's comical if that's really what he was referring to. If someone has to go back 20 years to find smack talk they're the one that ends up looking studpid, not the one they think they're insulting.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Wow - smack-talking about academic standards from the 1990s. That's a twist.

Well, ISU has had a tremendous graduation rate under Hoiberg and Prohm and lots of academic all Big12ers and All-Americans.

Plus, the IA State Daily recently reported that ISU's rankings in Agriculture and Biosystems Engineering were #1 in the country. So, take that, West Lafayette. Plus, Gene Keady wore a terrible rug.

Reactions: Doc

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
I miss the Nevada posters, this Purdue guy is garbage.
We got spoiled by the Nevads posters. This guy has quickly worn out his welcome. I'm shocked someone from the Big 10 would be arrogant and defensive as this guy is, 2 days into posting as a guest on a different school's message board.

Boilergrad

Mar 17, 2017
Fact of the matter is ISU has registered the best student-athlete graduation rate last year at 82% in Big12

Not arguing that. The program is not the same as it was in the 90s. I agree and not interested in pointing out graduation rates from the past that aren't relevant. But when your fans unfairly point at the poster as being racist because your program was corrupt, don't call me a veiled racist for calling you out on it.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
ISU has the best astronaut, too. Neil Armstrong was a *****. Couldn't even say his one line right. Dude, you had ONE JOB

• Funny
Reactions: jdoggivjc

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
Not arguing that. The program is not the same as it was in the 90s. I agree and not interested in pointing out graduation rates from the past that aren't relevant. But when your fans unfairly point at the poster as being racist because your program was corrupt, don't call me a veiled racist for calling you out on it.
Well if that's what the person was referring to, then I'll take that back. We're just used to having some hawkeye fans routinely refer to our African-American players as thugs; I just figured that's where that person was going too.
Reading it again that's probably not where that person was going, so I probably overreacted. Just hearing that crap for years from rivals pisses me off.

Last edited:

Boilergrad

Mar 17, 2017
We got spoiled by the Nevads posters. This guy has quickly worn out his welcome. I'm shocked someone from the Big 10 would be arrogant and defensive as this guy is, 2 days into posting as a guest on a different school's message board.

Bye. I'll be leaving now. Most of you have been welcoming. But some of you are ultra cocky, calling us unathletic, our big man worthless, and our Big Ten championship meaningless. If you're expecting me to bow down to your Cyclones because I'm a guest here, it's not gonna happen. Good luck tonight. Wish the Cyclones the best.