In memoriam of Brian Ferentz as Iowa's OC

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I don't really care what Iowa does, but don't most organizations have some kind of nepotism policy?

I seem to recall quite the to-do when he was originally hired, as Iowa apparently didn't follow the policy on nepotism. I guess if he reports to Barta that may have fixed that, but I'm still surprised they didn't call in a few people for an interview to at least act like they didn't just hand him the job.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I seem to recall quite the to-do when he was originally hired, as Iowa apparently didn't follow the policy on nepotism. I guess if he reports to Barta that may have fixed that, but I'm still surprised they didn't call in a few people for an interview to at least act like they didn't just hand him the job.

They called in James, Mary and the other son. So it was a four interviews

• Winner
Reactions: carvers4math

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
So I really don't know much about Iowa football other than the very basics. Why is it being assumed that BF can change the offense for the better? If the problem was KF's offensive philosophy, then why do people assume the BF will change things up a bunch for the better.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Does Kirk know where he lives now?
It will be interesting to see how much he gets paid.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
As an Iowa State fan, can't say much for mockery...IIRC correctly people were pretty stoked about Mangino.

Don't know much about BF other than some story on CF about him out at a bar or something once a few years ago, spouting off about how much he hates ISU.

• Agree
Reactions: ICHawk24

danielyp29

Jan 3, 2011
Ames
Do they go after someone to fix the passing game? Sturdy was at UNI last spring as a volunteer QB coach and I'd assume he'd be looking for a coaching position...

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I'm going to make sure to post in this thread so I can come back to it in a few years. I have a feeling it's going to make most of you look pretty stupid.

Now I'm really worried. LOL.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Huge get for the Hawks, big things are coming to Iowa City. Hearing rumblings that it might be an Air Raid type system. Think of an improved, more up-tempo Texas Tech.

People will have A LOT of fun watching football! A LOT.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Huge get for the Hawks, big things are coming to Iowa City. Hearing rumblings that it might be an Air Raid type system. Think of an improved, more up-tempo Texas Tech.

Huge get?? Was he going anywhere? If they are going that offense, what players did they recruit for it, because it appears this was in the works for a long time.

• Useful
  • Friendly
Reactions: OBE4ISU and Dopey

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

Heard they were going to interview Chip Kelly for the job, but they were afraid he'd slow things down too much.

But Brian does have experience at the Patriots. So all they need to do is find a Brady and Gronk.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
giphy.gif

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: The_Gent and GTO

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I'll be curious to see how Hlas spins this lost opportunity. Of all the guys out there, this 'top 15' program goes with a guy that has never done the job?

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I'll be curious to see how Hlas spins this lost opportunity. Of all the guys out there, this 'top 15' program goes with a guy that has never done the job?

It will be ok he will have the offensive genus of Kirk to tutor him.