Creepy Campus Clowns....Everywhere!!!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I can't be the only one who doesn't give a s*** about people dressed in clown costumes. Who cares? Why is this even a thing that people talk about?
My thought too. People calling 911 about these clowns and posting on facebook are only throwing fuel on the fire. Like the anthem protests, both are perfectly legal in the eyes of the law but if people stop giving them attention, they will stop on their own.

boblaporte

Sep 4, 2013
Iowa
You may not chase someone because of the cloths they are wearing. I don’t care if it is a hijab, a nun’s habit, a clown costume or anything else. Get a grip!

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
You may not chase someone because of the cloths they are wearing. I don’t care if it is a hijab, a nun’s habit, a clown costume or anything else. Get a grip!

That's all fine and good. It isn't a crime to wear a clown costume. But if someone is doing it with the intent to scare someone, then they deserve whatever they get when some overprotective parent or aggressive adult decides to put a stop to it.

cybychoice

Jun 27, 2014
Ankeny

You are right, but the second someone wearing a hijab, a nuns habit, or a clown costume stops my vehicle or comes on my property without cause they will be staring down the barrel of my .45

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO
You can get as mad as you want at these stupid people wearing costumes, but claiming you would pull a gun on them if you happened upon them is ludicrous, unless they are actually threatening people / kids. They are not doing anything illegal, and even if they were on your property or in the road, that is no excuse to shoot them.

• Agree
Reactions: isufbcurt

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
That's all fine and good. It isn't a crime to wear a clown costume. But if someone is doing it with the intent to scare someone, then they deserve whatever they get when some overprotective parent or aggressive adult decides to put a stop to it.

Does Iowa have a menacing law? It probably wouldn't stick, but one could argue that they could be causing fear of imminent harm, especially if they're doing it around kids. IDW, I'm not a lawyer.

cdnlngld

Feb 24, 2012
Ames, IA
HMMMMM......

691f0f2e394bf767edf67b212de7bf07.jpg
upload_2016-10-5_17-1-21.jpeg

Kind of ironic.....

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Can't they be charged with disorderly conduct? I find them extremely creepy. Most are just idiots but I'm afraid if I would run into one it would be an actual nut job.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
In Houston I played in a RBI Baseball tournament, and the game went into extra innings. My opponent's pitcher was gassed and was throwing meat right down the pipe. I scored 8 runs in the top of the 11th inning off 4 homers. In the bottom of the inning I overhear the guy doing announcing on the stream say that my relief pitcher came into the game smiling like a clown. That's all I got about clowns....

Reactions: isutrevman

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Some dude probably dressed as a clown for viral marketing of a movie and then some scared mom's group started a rumor and now everyone wants to be a part of it.

Last edited:

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I think a few states have laws on the books prohibiting people over like 12 from wearing masks in public, as a result of the KKK.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Are the people saying they will shoot them if they come on their property the same people that think they could stop a terrorist attack if they had a gun on them?

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Well when they are at my park and could, at best, scare the crap out of my kids, and at worst harm my children, I care.

Some of these guys in South Carolina were trying to lure kids into the woods. That's not gonna fly with me. It's not something I would be ok with ignoring.

In all fairness, weirdos have been doing this for years . . . without wearing clown costumes.