All Iowa/Iowa State team

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I'd rather have it in his hands than Wadley's. I'd be surprised if Wadley doesn't have more career fumbles than Warren but I could be wrong. Daniels is a decent RB but if Wadley was even close to as good as Warren he'd be the main guy

I wouldn't.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I wouldn't.

Please look up their career fumbles. Wadley doesn't play in crunch time so I don't know how you could determine how he'd do but I swear the knock on him has always been ball security

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
Please look up their career fumbles. Wadley doesn't play in crunch time so I don't know how you could determine how he'd do but I swear the knock on him has always been ball security
I'm not going to go into their fumbles but Akrum and Warren are both very talented RB's. If I had to choose in a pinch it would be a tough decision and hard to go wrong either way. We will see who has the bigger day on Saturday.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
How can people debate between Wadley and Warren? That's like debating between CJ and Lanning or Lazard and Vandenberg

Seriously I didn't even know Hawk fans thought Wadley was good. Has he been hurt? It looks like he's only played in about half of the games in his career. He didn't even play against ISU, Nebraska, Pitt, Wisconsin, Illinois and Minnesota last year

• Agree
Reactions: cyIclSoneU

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
How can people debate between Wadley and Warren? That's like debating between CJ and Lanning or Lazard and Vandenberg

Seriously I didn't even know Hawk fans thought Wadley was good. Has he been hurt? It looks like he's only played in about half of the games in his career. He didn't even play against ISU, Nebraska, Pitt, Wisconsin, Illinois and Minnesota last year
He didn't play in all of those games because Canzeri and Daniels were ahead of him on the depth chart. When Jordan and Leshun went down with injuries Wadley stepped in and played extremely well, I.E. the Northwestern game. I'm obviously biased due to my fandom, but I don't think the gap between Wadley and Warren is as big as you're claiming it is. We will see what happens on Saturday.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He didn't play in all of those games because Canzeri and Daniels were ahead of him on the depth chart. When Jordan and Leshun went down with injuries Wadley stepped in and played extremely well, I.E. the Northwestern game. I'm obviously biased due to my fandom, but I don't think the gap between Wadley and Warren is as big as you're claiming it is. We will see what happens on Saturday.

Where's Canzeri now? Selling insurance?

A third string RB last year for Iowa is just as good as someone coming off a freshman all american season. This can't be a serious discussion

If Wadley has more yards than Warren Saturday he's obviously better right? Jesus

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
Where's Canzeri now? Selling insurance?

A third string RB last year for Iowa is just as good as someone coming off a freshman all american season. This can't be a serious discussion

If Wadley has more yards than Warren Saturday he's obviously better right? Jesus
Canzeri was a very good college RB. He's playing pro ball in Japan actually. Just because he didn't have the skill set to play on Sundays, (many undersized RB's don't) doesn't diminish what he accomplished last year. 984 rushing yards with 12 rushing touchdowns last year, all while missing 2 games due to injury. Those stats aren't too shabby.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Canzeri was a very good college RB. He's playing pro ball in Japan actually. Just because he didn't have the skill set to play on Sundays, (many undersized RB's don't) doesn't diminish what he accomplished last year. 984 rushing yards with 12 rushing touchdowns last year, all while missing 2 games due to injury. Those stats aren't too shabby.

And 984 rushing yards is quite a bit less than what Mike Warren did with a worse OL.

I can literally give you 100 examples why Mike Warren is the best RB in the state. Stats, accolades, etc will back that up. Please give me one reason or example to explain why someone would say Iowa's back up RB is better than a highly regarded RB like Warren

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
And 984 rushing yards is quite a bit less than what Mike Warren did with a worse OL.

I can literally give you 100 examples why Mike Warren is the best RB in the state. Stats, accolades, etc will back that up. Please give me one reason or example to explain why someone would say Iowa's back up RB is better than a highly regarded RB like Warren
Because I have reached a state of omnipotence.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
The Wadley-Warren debate for the Hawkeye fans on here is as silly as a Lanning-Beathard debate, except they would just substitute "Warren fumbles a lot" for "Rose Bowl!!!!"

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
The Wadley-Warren debate for the Hawkeye fans on here is as silly as a Lanning-Beathard debate, except they would just substitute "Warren fumbles a lot" for "Rose Bowl!!!!"

Not too difficult to rack up a ton of yardage when you're playing such a weak schedule. Beathard obviously has a better resume but Lanning is more talented.

Did I do that right?

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
I think that Warren, Lazard, Peavy, Tucker, and Cotton-Moya would be the ISU starters.

Offensive lines notwithstanding, it's a close-ish talent difference IMO. Of course this is like saying two cars are similar, engines notwithstanding.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
If only Wadley was good enough to play in crunch time it'd help your argument

Well you can't really do worse than fumble when the game is on the line. Wadley been in a deeper backfield. I said before Warren probably the best of the three but not by much.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Well you can't really do worse than fumble when the game is on the line. Wadley been in a deeper backfield. I said before Warren probably the best of the three but not by much.

Deeper backfield? Warren is a better RB than Iowa has had since Wadley has been in Iowa City. Warren gets a lot of carries and yes he has fumbled in two critcal moments. One was a great fumble, the other sucked.

Beathard sucks in bowl games, should I use that as an argument that Lanning is better?

• Agree
Reactions: GTO