All Iowa/Iowa State team

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You can't really do worse than laying an egg in a bowl game like Beathard always does. I said before Beathard is probably better than Lanning but not by much

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Deeper backfield? Warren is a better RB than Iowa has had since Wadley has been in Iowa City. Warren gets a lot of carries and yes he has fumbled in two critcal moments. One was a great fumble, the other sucked.

Beathard sucks in bowl games, should I use that as an argument that Lanning is better?

Warren starts, when it's the final drive with a minute less, Daniels is in.

• Disagree
Reactions: cyIclSoneU

theiacowtipper

Sep 6, 2010
Deeper backfield? Warren is a better RB than Iowa has had since Wadley has been in Iowa City. Warren gets a lot of carries and yes he has fumbled in two critcal moments. One was a great fumble, the other sucked.

Beathard sucks in bowl games, should I use that as an argument that Lanning is better?

I don't think a single Iowa poster has honestly said its not Warren first. Only that the gap isn't huge.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I don't think a single Iowa poster has honestly said its not Warren first. Only that the gap isn't huge.

Besides the one that said Iowa's back up RB is more talented than Warren and the others saying it's debatable. I genuinely didn't know Hawkeye fans thought he was good considering he didn't play much last year. Lots of Kool Aid being drank after beating a bottom feeder MAC team apparently

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
Besides the one that said Iowa's back up RB is more talented than Warren and the others saying it's debatable. I genuinely didn't know Hawkeye fans thought he was good considering he didn't play much last year. Lots of Kool Aid being drank after beating a bottom feeder MAC team apparently
Whatever fits your narrative. Simply saying I don't think the talent gap is as massive as you are suggesting, but that's pretty much par for the course for you.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
I thought I heard Iowa is starting a freshman center, is that true? If so, I would guess Bobek would probably start at center for them

AltHawk

Sep 2, 2012
And 984 rushing yards is quite a bit less than what Mike Warren did with a worse OL.

I can literally give you 100 examples why Mike Warren is the best RB in the state. Stats, accolades, etc will back that up. Please give me one reason or example to explain why someone would say Iowa's back up RB is better than a highly regarded RB like Warren

Because if you watch the two play it's clear to anyone

All you have to do is watch both of them play and judge them off talent as opposed to stats (I know you don't know a whole lot about football and always revert to citing statistics). Wadley has elite elusiveness and short-area burst, is turning into a dangerous receiver out of the backfield, and has very good vision. The only area he struggles in is pass protection, which is to be expected for a smaller back.

Warren doesn't have any elite traits. He's a very good running back, but does not have the dynamic explosiveness that Wadley does.

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
I thought I heard Iowa is starting a freshman center, is that true? If so, I would guess Bobek would probably start at center for them
James Daniels is a True Soph. He will be playing on Sundays in 3 years. He is the first center that I can remember pulling on sweeps and counters. Very impressive athlete.

• Informative
Reactions: The_Gent

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

All you have to do is watch both of them play and judge them off talent as opposed to stats (I know you don't know a whole lot about football and always revert to citing statistics). Wadley has elite elusiveness and short-area burst, is turning into a dangerous receiver out of the backfield, and has very good vision. The only area he struggles in is pass protection, which is to be expected for a smaller back.

Warren doesn't have any elite traits. He's a very good running back, but does not have the dynamic explosiveness that Wadley does.

Ok I'm getting trolled. Well done

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

Warren's also racking up stats against pretty atrocious rush D's.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Park >>>>>>>> Lanning >>>>>>>> Noland (while injured) >>>>>>> Wiegers >>>>>>> Rudock (;)) >> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Beathard

Help Support Us

Become a patron