Groups

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

907CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 30, 2010
Northern Polk County
Did you delete the Social Groups from the forum? Or how do you find them? If so it is a problem because there are things that you can say on there that one can't on the regular forum. Bring them back.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Did you delete the Social Groups from the forum? Or how do you find them? If so it is a problem because there are things that you can say on there that one can't on the regular forum. Bring them back.

Can I join your groups? I want to see the things you say on there that you can't here.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I just admin the WBB group. I know as little as everyone else about the changeover.

I'm crossing my fingers we don't have an issue that requires restarting the groups from scratch.

Unfortunately that will be the case.

The social groups ad-on on the old forum was out of date (the developer who came up with it just quit the product) by like 4 years, meaning that it will not transfer over. \

Sucks but there's nothing we can do about it.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net

The social groups ad-on on the old forum was out of date (the developer who came up with it just quit the product) by like 4 years, meaning that it will not transfer over. \

Is there any way to export the raw data (member list and posts/threads)? I don't really care how unreadable/unusable the format is -- I have a lot of experience deconstructing weird file formats.

ZJohnson

Mar 27, 2006
Charlotte

So am I reading this correctly that the social groups feature will still be around we will just have to start them over? I really hope so, as the one I am a member of is 70% of what I read on this site.

Reactions: IowaCYcler