Nikki Moody sues Bill Fennelly over Racial Discrimination...

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
Hmm. Strange way to indirectly avoid that last question.
Well for example if.he called everyone a thug that did stupid stuff in bars etc. She probably wouldn't have concluded it to be racially based or discrimanatory.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
Wait so whats the actual lawsuit here? Emotional abuse? To me it just sounds like shes trying to sue him for being racist, which even if it turns out true, isn't a valid reason.

Because at the end of the day there was no discrimination beyond verbal altercations? She was a starter all 4 years, only got suspended for what like 4 games, and got drafted, doesn't seem like discrimination in anyway to me.
She said he had his friend the San Antonio Coach cut her do to retribution for her making a stink and filing a report with The University EOO.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
She said he had his friend the San Antonio Coach cut her do to retribution for her making a stink and filing a report with The University EOO.

I'm sure that coach would put his job on the line to do Bill a favor. Hell, he wouldn't have drafter her in the first place if Bill had badmouthed her. That's just stupid.

Jiub

Nov 11, 2015
Des Moines
If Fennelly, in fact, negatively affected her WNBA career, Fennelly could owe Moody tens of dollars.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
If Fennelly, in fact, negatively affected her WNBA career, Fennelly could owe Moody tens of dollars.

LOL I bout spit my water out onto my computer at work. This is good stuff.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
And that's the problem with this. Now, it's spreading across the internet labeling him as racist, without any of the accounts of other former players who are blowing holes in Nikki's story. Just another trial by media.

Imagine what other coaches are doing with it. It will hurt him with many potential recruits.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
True. Unfortunately, this is usually driven by insurance companies, on the basis of it being cheaper to settle than to have a prolonged litigation. Many times defendants who want to fight are "encouraged" to settle in order to save money.

Not sure in this case if a loss would mean an insurance company paying, or the University/tax payers.

State of Iowa is self insured and self defended by the AG.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.

Right, the same coach and friend who no doubt had contact with BF before he drafted her in the first place. I'm sure a professional team would waste a draft pick just to do a collage coach a personal "grduge" favor.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
I'm sure that coach would put his job on the line to do Bill a favor. Hell, he wouldn't have drafter her in the first place if Bill had badmouthed her. That's just stupid.

He drafted her, Bill said he was a friend, then she filed with the university at which point she was cut shortly after. Considering this is the meat of her case I think it would be difficult to prove unless she was borderline and CBF did call and the SA coach said screw it she isn't worth the trouble. Plausible but hard to prove unless it comes out willingly in deposition.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
He drafted her, Bill said he was a friend, then she filed with the university at which point she was cut shortly after. Considering this is the meat of her case I think it would be difficult to prove unless she was borderline and CBF did call and the SA coach said screw it she isn't worth the trouble. Plausible but hard to prove unless it comes out willingly in deposition.

Again, the coach would be stupid to cut her because of the suit. He'd open up his team to getting sued as well.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.

So you really believe that this coach would not contact his friend who had coached this player for 4 years to check on his thoughts on the player prior to drafting her, but would immediately dismiss the player after the draft when that friend asked him to do it, making himself look like an idiot for drafting her in the first place. Yeah, I'm sure that is what must have happened.