On to Football Season

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Couple of pages of basketball play-in, multiple of Hawk troll pretending to be Cyclone fan, this troll thread has veered off in some classic directions.:spinny:

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
How would you compare him to Iowa's last three top RB recruits?

Melvin Gordon
Greg Garmon
Karan Higdon

He could be Gordon like I think. Way better than Garmon, more explosive and better lateral quickness. Much better than Higdon. Plus Eno catches the ball better than all of them. Huge strength for him. Gonna be fun watching him in black and gold.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Our oline was putrid

No it wasn't...sure pass protection wasn't great at times but last years Oline was a drastic improvement over previous two years..now those were putrid Olines...Isu was 48th in rushing offense last year..btw..Iowa was 49th. And our rushing offense would have been better had we not had coaches run shotgun on every 3rd and 1...we also had some injuries last year to key guys at times as well.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He could be Gordon like I think. Way better than Garmon, more explosive and better lateral quickness. Much better than Higdon. Plus Eno catches the ball better than all of them. Huge strength for him. Gonna be fun watching him in black and gold.

You're right, Mizzou did offer him. Interesting

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
No it wasn't...sure pass protection wasn't great at times but last years Oline was a drastic improvement over previous two years..now those were putrid Olines...Isu was 48th in rushing offense last year..btw..Iowa was 49th. And our rushing offense would have been better had we not had coaches run shotgun on every 3rd and 1...we also had some injuries last year to key guys at times as well.

Yeah because you play in the Big 12. ISU had like 60ish yards on the ground against Iowa last year and Iowa had something like 260+.

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
BTW what you are doing is akin to Hok fan trolling Oklahoma BB fan for getting blown out in the final four, while they went 8-22 in basketball.

It really makes no sense. For God's sake at least wait until ISU beats Iowa in Kinnick this fall before trolling them after the kind of years each team had.
Hey ISU has a two game streak going at Kinnick. I think Iowa is the one that needs to prove something this fall.

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Right? I can't believe I keep coming back here to watch the same 3-4 arguments get hashed out over and over again. But I do. I keep coming back. And I hate myself every day for it.
pull-me-back-in.gif

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Lose money going to the Rose Bowl, exposed as total posers in one quarter.

Good times.

DodgerHawki

Apr 1, 2009
Hey ISU has a two game streak going at Kinnick. I think Iowa is the one that needs to prove something this fall.

Well-done sir. Very good off-season smack, especially for April.

As always with this series, way too many variables right now to make even a semi-educated guess as to what might happen in September. But I'll do it anyway.

The positive ISU scenario would be something like this: The team was really poorly coached by Rhoads and staff. Just removing Rhoads and his all-emotion style is a net positive. Campbell doesn't play merry-go-round with the QB, no injuries/academic issues for key contributors between now and fall camp. A couple of the JC and/or new guys surprise early and the Cyclones have an offense that could give Iowa fits, led by Warren and Lazard.
The negative ISU scenario: the roster (espcially on o-line) is really worse than the fears, the defense suffers from a key injury/academic casualty and the transition to Campbell and his staff on the roster takes a year to weed out some more guys.
The positive Iowa scenario: Beathard takes another step forward and is 100% healthy, no injuries/academic/off-field issues for key contributors. An undetermined guy (perhaps Scheel) emerges as a viable receiver. The O-line and defensive line end up being as good as it looks like they might be. The team ignores the adulation of a 12-2 season and division title.
The negative Iowa scenario: Injury to Beathard, Josey Jewell or Desmond King. None of the receivers step up (at least by September). The special teams are a disaster (new kicker and punter).

I would anticipate it being a 4-quarter game, just like it was last year and how it is most years. I would lean toward Iowa winning due to having more good players on both lines. But just a lean.

AltHawk

Sep 2, 2012
I don't see much talent on either side of the ball for Iowa State outside of a few players (Lazard, Warren, and Tucker). Both lines for the Cyclones seem especially porous. A comfortable Iowa win seems likey- somewhere in the neighborhood of 31-17.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I don't see much talent on either side of the ball for Iowa State outside of a few players (Lazard, Warren, and Tucker). Both lines for the Cyclones seem especially porous. A comfortable Iowa win seems likey- somewhere in the neighborhood of 31-17.

I don't see much talent for Iowa anywhere really outside of King

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron