Looking to Buy in Omaha

cypack747

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 21, 2013
Hey Everyone,

I've lived in Omaha for about 7 months now and am looking to purchase a house after renting for a year. I'd love to hear any recommendations on areas of the city that I should look, whether that be in Omaha or a suburb. I'm also open to any other recommendations like realtors, banks, or services to use. I work downtown so I'm also interested in hearing what commute times are like because I live on the east side right now so my commute is ~5 minutes.

I'm sure there will be varying/differing opinions but I'm hoping my fellow Omaha fanatics can help me out!

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Depends on your situation. Married or single? Care about school district? Enjoy night life regularly or more of a home body? Different parts of town offer different benefits.

diaclone

Apr 16, 2006
Metro Omaha
Hey Everyone,

I've lived in Omaha for about 7 months now and am looking to purchase a house after renting for a year. I'd love to hear any recommendations on areas of the city that I should look, whether that be in Omaha or a suburb. I'm also open to any other recommendations like realtors, banks, or services to use. I work downtown so I'm also interested in hearing what commute times are like because I live on the east side right now so my commute is ~5 minutes.

I'm sure there will be varying/differing opinions but I'm hoping my fellow Omaha fanatics can help me out!
If you work downtown or in the Mutual area, look at Council Bluffs.

CaseyJones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2008
Hey Everyone,

Country Club between Benson and Dundee.