Drink Local not AB/InBev/SAB MIller/Coors for the Holidays

KcClone01

Aug 18, 2008
KC, MO
Friendly Reminder - Here's why you should always to try to support your local...

http://time.com/money/4073371/anheuser-busch-sabmiller-craft-beer/

When getting together for the holidays this year skip the blue moon - shock top - Goose Island (well maybe not Goose Island) and buy your local.

Whether that's TG, Confluence, 515, Exile, Boulevard (Duval is not nearly as evil as AB/InBev/Miller/Heineken), New Glarus, Surly, Summit, Bell's, Odel....

If you're gonna enjoy and support craft beer, support the real craft beer industry and not the AB/Coors/InBev fake craft. Because the big guys are already starting to push back.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/craft-brewers-take-issue-with-ab-inbev-distribution-plan-1449227668

Also can anyone in the Des Moines Area point me towards a list of seasonal specialty releases for the local breweries?... Wondering if Exile, or Confluence is doing any barrel aged beers or sours, etc.

Cheers!

EDIT: Sorry if this ruffled any feathers, i get brand loyalty and taste are something not to be trifled with. Just wanted to throw out some additional info about the big dogs. As always do/drink what makes you happy, but remember where your $$ are going.

Last edited:

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
Coors is more of a staple in my family Christmases than Santa. But I get your point. I drink local otherwise.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Bruno from El Bait shop was talking about this on the Morning Rush today on Kxno. Go listen to the podcast.

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
hmmmmm, I live in St. Louis. So, should I be pounding AB products over the Holidays?

ISUME

Mar 13, 2012
I hope you buy all your christmas gifts locally. I wouldn't want some greedy CEO from Mattel making money.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
I have two weeks over Christmas.

I expect to hit a new micro-brew everyday of those 2 weeks.

Not bragging or anything but if I pull that off, I won't have hit 1/2 of the micro-brews within 30 miles of my home.

Dirty job but someones got to do it.