Grill Help, (please and thank you!)

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
So my wife to be and I will be getting a nice grill after our wedding in June, that said I can not wait that long to grill!! So I am looking into getting a cheaper gas grill. (can't have charcoal) I was wondering if anyone has seen this model or had any experience with it. I might just go get it this afternoon if you guys say it is alright.
Uniflame Premium Hybrid Portable Gas Grill - Wal-Mart

htownclone

Jan 3, 2007
I would personally go with this one...

grill.jpg

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
So my wife to be and I will be getting a nice grill after our wedding in June, that said I can not wait that long to grill!! So I am looking into getting a cheaper gas grill. (can't have charcoal) I was wondering if anyone has seen this model or had any experience with it. I might just go get it this afternoon if you guys say it is alright.
Uniflame Premium Hybrid Portable Gas Grill - Wal-Mart

that will do the trick. and you can keep it for tailgating.

-keep.

ISUCyclones

Nov 10, 2007
Ames
Sir, I weep for you. Friends don't (normally) let friends grill with gas....

:wink:

Gas is the past unless you are smokin. If you want good steaks you heat that thing as hot as you can and put the steak on 3 min each side to sear it, then you give it 5min to redistribute the juices and serve! Thank goodness I've got a friend from the culinary institute of New York to steer me.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Gas is the past unless you are smokin. If you want good steaks you heat that thing as hot as you can and put the steak on 3 min each side to sear it, then you give it 5min to redistribute the juices and serve! Thank goodness I've got a friend from the culinary institute of New York to steer me.

Pun intended?

That sounds awesome and I'll have to try it sometime when my wife isn't around. She grew up in a family that doesn't consider a steak done unless all of the juices are cooked out of it and it resembles shoe leather (jerky tends to be juicier than their steaks). I usually have to choke it down and smile...