Tickets Sold Out

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
Thank god I had the foresight last year to buy 3 tix for my fam. I could see this coming. The icing on the cake was how great we were last year. Hoiball

Thielej

Apr 1, 2014
I wanted an extra ticket for my 2 yr old. May just sell them as a season package. How much for row 6 corner balcony could I get you think? On the aisle.

How many season tickets do you have right now? Just 1 or more than that?

CyKings

Jun 5, 2013
Kansas City, KS
I had started to debate trying to get season tickets, but that seems difficult now that we are actually good. The people who got in during the McDermott years are the smart ones... stay with the team through the crap years and you get rewarded.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
I got a call from the ticket office today and I was able to purchase 2 additional season tickets. Needless to say, I was surprised I could pick up the extra seats but am pumped.

cemarclone

Feb 6, 2014
Uhmmm, no.

Probably could squeeze in 2000 seats if the concourse was converted to seats to make it look like the lowere and upper decks were one continous bank of seats. People would then use the tunnels to goto and outer concourse. The Hilton plans from years ago pretty much did something similar, but they filled the concourse with suites instead of just rows of seats. But it did include a glassed in concourse that extended out to the cement pillars around the outside of Hilton.

DreamyCy

Nov 13, 2013
I was surprised I was able to get all the additional seats I requested. They're in the nose bleed but I'm jacked that I got them!

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Probably could squeeze in 2000 seats if the concourse was converted to seats to make it look like the lowere and upper decks were one continous bank of seats. People would then use the tunnels to goto and outer concourse. The Hilton plans from years ago pretty much did something similar, but they filled the concourse with suites instead of just rows of seats. But it did include a glassed in concourse that extended out to the cement pillars around the outside of Hilton.

I don't think this is possible without major reconstruction because the angle of the new seats in the current inner concourse would be too steep. I think some sort of box-type premium seating would work better and may generate the most income. Serve them food/drinks from Johnny's, have TVs, comfortable chairs, etc.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I don't think this is possible without major reconstruction because the angle of the new seats in the current inner concourse would be too steep. I think some sort of box-type premium seating would work better and may generate the most income. Serve them food/drinks from Johnny's, have TVs, comfortable chairs, etc.
True, and I think we could also get a few hundred more by redoing the student section as bleachers and eliminate some of the space between the court and the stands (assuming we are not up against a regulation).

Hilton's capacity is fine, if not perfect. What we could use more of is premium seating. If that adds a few hundred more seats, great, but 14-15k is good sized. KU and all their success is only 2k more. Increase prices instead of build more seats IMO.