20-17

redrocket22

Aug 24, 2011
Col de la Madone
Does anybody have a pic of the historic kinnick scoreboard?

I'm not sure if there are many 1985 Chrysler Reliants still around sporting their Drake colored 20-17 bumper stickers. It's been a few years since I saw one. If I see one now, it won't sting anymore.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
"Historic"? Seriously? A win is nice, but....

Can we move on now?

Who is "we"? As long as the coaches and players have "moved on", what makes the difference if some fans still want to relish the win?

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
I thought it simply to be a shot at the "Historic Kinnick Stadium" moniker we always hear about.

redrocket22

Aug 24, 2011
Col de la Madone
The historic adjective was not intended to describe my feelings regarding the most recent football game. It was an attempted cheeky reference to the University of Iowa's fondness for including the phrase "historic Kinnick Stadium" at least once in any story or press release that they churn out related to football.

I'm ready to move on as well. I would like to have the scoreboard picture to email to a Hawkeye colleague who continues to email me about how lucky ISU was and so on. I'm just going to set-up an auto reply message to him titled "Scoreboard" with the picture.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Just send him this:

jumpass.0.gif

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
The historic adjective was not intended to describe my feelings regarding the most recent football game. It was an attempted cheeky reference to the University of Iowa's fondness for including the phrase "historic Kinnick Stadium" at least once in any story or press release that they churn out related to football.

I'm ready to move on as well. I would like to have the scoreboard picture to email to a Hawkeye colleague who continues to email me about how lucky ISU was and so on. I'm just going to set-up an auto reply message to him titled "Scoreboard" with the picture.
Seems to me that if he's that desperate to justify a loss, then the team already did all of the work that needs to be done.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
What a perfectly designed play.

Absolutely. I don't know if I saw this angle in replay, but it also looks like the option pitch was open (just a corner on our receiver, but I think he could have gotten in).

Keep drawing them up, Mangino. We likey!

Did anyone else notice on Bibb's long pass that was taken down at about the 1-2 yard line, we sent a lineman out as a wide receiver?

isubeatle

Aug 9, 2006
Des Moines
Does anybody have a pic of the historic kinnick scoreboard?

I'm not sure if there are many 1985 Chrysler Reliants still around sporting their Drake colored 20-17 bumper stickers. It's been a few years since I saw one. If I see one now, it won't sting anymore.

here's one I took. not very good quality though.

score.png

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Absolutely. I don't know if I saw this angle in replay, but it also looks like the option pitch was open (just a corner on our receiver, but I think he could have gotten in).

Keep drawing them up, Mangino. We likey!

Did anyone else notice on Bibb's long pass that was taken down at about the 1-2 yard line, we sent a lineman out as a wide receiver?

On TV you couldn't see that, but the announcers commented on how brilliant it was to put him out there to make it look like a WR screen and then go the other way with it.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
We have threads full of people saying the likes of Ray Rice, Jameis Winston, and AP should not be judged about their reported beating activities and mysogynistic attitudes until all details are revealed or they get "due process."

However, if you still want to celebrate the win from five days ago on a bye week and come to CF to see if anyone has a picture you can respond to some tavern hok with, instant judgment.:laugh:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron