Why delay the inevitable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeBorn

Jul 3, 2014
This post is for the folks who are rational. If you still think that it's not time for cpr to go, please don't read.

Why not fire cpr now and move Mangino to hc? Yes, I know Jamie gave him a dumb contract, but aren't there boosters out there who can help with the buy out?

It's obvious by the play today that the players are not on board. Fire him now and there maybe hope for at least one win this season. If Jamie keeps him on, it will be the worst season in all of modern cyclone football history.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
My knee jerk reaction is with you.

I think a reasonable approach is to get over the hangover of this game and evaluate Tuesday morning. Might look more clear then, either way. My fear is it will look worse than it does now.

Than drop the ax.

FreeBorn

Jul 3, 2014
Correct, but winning in major college football is 70% talent -30% coaching. In short, if you can't recruit, you can't win.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
This post is for the folks who are rational. If you still think that it's not time for cpr to go, please don't read.

Why not fire cpr now and move Mangino to hc? Yes, I know Jamie gave him a dumb contract, but aren't there boosters out there who can help with the buy out?

It's obvious by the play today that the players are not on board. Fire him now and there maybe hope for at least one win this season. If Jamie keeps him on, it will be the worst season in all of modern cyclone football history.

What did you see today that makes you think Mangino would be any better? His offense was absolutely dominated by an FCS team after a good start.

cyclone2001

Feb 26, 2012
I dont think Jamie will fire him, he will wait for the season to end and then give it to mangino

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
I honestly am not a fan of firing a guy this early in the season. I know this is probably the last straw, but letting him coach a couple more games won't hurt, not to mention the top choice for interim was in charge of the unit today that didn't score for essentially the last three quarters.

DreamyCy

Nov 13, 2013

I would be fine with this.. Won't happen now though.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
The same Mangino who got a measly 250 yards out of his offense today? Yeah, let's do it!

You realize Courtney Messingham is somewhere relaxing and sipping mojitos with a smile on his face right about now

cyclone2001

Feb 26, 2012
I think CPR affected mangino in a negative way. it is time to give the complete team to him. He knows how to recruit in a tough school and win consistently

FreeBorn

Jul 3, 2014
What did you see today that makes you think Mangino would be any better? His offense was absolutely dominated by an FCS team after a good start.

What I saw today was a team with a six year head coach lose badly to a d-1aa team for the second team in a row while fielding his d-1a team with mostly d-1aa talent. THAT'S WHAT I SAW TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
Boosters buy out CPR's contract? A bad investment, is a bad investment. Take the sentimental attachment out of it and why would anyone keep throwing cash down the football rat hole?

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I think that he is a good coach and a terrible recruiter.

No...the talent is there to win games. Today was a lot on the coaching. Players lost their way, and coaching is just as much motivation as it is other things. This team lost their way, and no one did anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.