***Official NDSU @ ISU Prediction thread***

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Are you predicting a missed PAT for ISU to arrive at your 29 prediction? If so, brilliant! As Cyclone fans we should all realize by now that we will likely miss one PAT in almost every game.

Maybe 2 TD's and 5 FG's?

2XaDime

Nov 4, 2009
Iowa City
Where the heck is Lakebison and his rag-tag band of oil tycoons? I cannot make an accurate prediction without his level-headed insight.

Well, I guess I think we'll win. For real though, this year is not last year. While the first game will have its share of "teachable moments", I trust our coaches and players are not going to let this game end the wrong way. Cyclones start the season on the right foot and win. 24-13. And then it gets better and better from there. This year will be different.

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
Reading between the lines from cpr interviews they are 100% focused on NDSU and started game prep at least a few days earlier than last year. They also are installing a special defensive package for the first 3 games. Then the bye week will come and they will install more of a nickel package. I highly doubt we will come out flat footed but NDSU is pretty good. They would have beat us at any week last year. We do have a legitimate offensive coordinator now so that is great. This game I think we win by 2-3 TDs but have some special teams bail outs that make the score more lopsided than the gameplay is.

ISU 38
NDSU 17

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
We have many unknowns, mostly on defense, but ndsu lost a hall of fame coach and a ton of starters along with some of the best players that program has ever had. I would say it is nearly impossible to look as bad offensively as we did against uni and we scored 21 in that game. I'd also say that we ran that stupid nickel against uni and they just rammed it down our throats.

This year no nickel and I'd bet a very aggressive defense overplaying the run a lot. I don't think the staff is worried about ndsu qb throwing.

Isu shows up to make everyone shut up, at least for week 1..

Isu- 38
Ndsu- 10

FDCy83

May 15, 2008
ISU by at least 14. My question is this. Which would you rather have, a 14 point win against NDSU or a 1 point win against KSU next game?

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I'm like some others on here. Until the team demonstrates the ability to do things in a competent manner I have to reserve judgement. This game makes me nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. NDSU, although a much lesser team as compared to last year, has a proven track record of success. We don't. A win would be a huge step forward. i'm just going to approach this one as open minded as i can. I'll celebrate a win and I'll hope for better with a loss.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
ISU by at least 14. My question is this. Which would you rather have, a 14 point win against NDSU or a 1 point win against KSU next game?
Well that depends what the consequences are?
I'm assuming a 14 pt win vs NDSU and a loss to KSU or a loss to NDSU and a 1 point win vs KSU?
If I had to choose, I want the win vs NDSU. Another loss to an FCS school in back to back years would be horrible for the program. It would be embarrassing for us and the conference.

lakesbison

Jul 14, 2009
NDSU 27
ISU 17

TOFB4ISU. If NDSU is up by 13-0 it's game over off you, we will milk every second of playclock and our defense would get more aggressive