Dumb question: Mac's buyout

Cyclone_Power

Oct 23, 2006
Minneapolis
I thought I remember someone saying that if he signs with another program that we no longer have to reimburse him for the buyout. iirc someone was discussing this about Morgan earlier. Don't quote me on that though.

CHim

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
There are no dumb questions Nedrick...only dumb people. I have to work with the general public and it is very true.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Not sure on this, but I will go out on a limb. For one thing, Mac resigned, which means that his buyout was negotiated by Pollard. Which means the figures may or may not have been guaranteed.

I believe that standard procedure is that there is a guarantee, but if you would take another job that the earnings from the new job are subtracted from the guarantee from the old job. Chances are it will take this staff a while to find new jobs. And if they do it will be for far less than ISU paid, so we will be on the hook. But it could definitely be less than the maximum. Especially if Bowlsby and Stanford bail us out on Mac.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
no one, in the public, knows the buy out dollar amounts ... but typically, if Mac gets another job coaching, at any level or position, the payments stop.

Take note :frown3qg:Morgan:frown3qg:!

-keep

ISUAlum2003

Oct 18, 2006
Iowa
Someone asked that question at the news conference & the response was "Mac will be paid his base salary($225k) through the remainder of the contract(June 2010) & that the assistants would be paid until their contracts expire".

Nedrick

Mar 21, 2006
Carroll, IA
www.jdesignllc.com
no one, in the public, knows the buy out dollar amounts ... but typically, if Mac gets another job coaching, at any level or position, the payments stop.

Take note :frown3qg:Morgan:frown3qg:!

-keep

:laugh8kb: :laugh8kb: :laugh8kb: Very good...
So you suppose WM is waiting for someone to come along and offer him a HC job still? Something tells me he's too proud to accept an assist. job.