Predicting the 1st Loss in 2014-15 for Top College Basketball Teams

CYUL8R

Feb 13, 2012
I can't believe that was even worthy of them creating a blurb about. Good that we're in the news I guess? But really, how tough is it to predict our first loss could either be @Iowa or @Kansas, @KState, @Oklahoma, @Texas. Way to take a stand, BR.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I can't believe that was even worthy of them creating a blurb about. Good that we're in the news I guess? But really, how tough is it to predict our first loss could either be @Iowa or @Kansas, @KState, @Oklahoma, @Texas. Way to take a stand, BR.

To be fair they kind of backed out of ISU losing to Iowa and instead the first of those conference teams that ISU plays on the road so they did take a stand.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
agreed, its been the one aspect we've not seen the last couple of years, I cant wait to see teams hesitate to take it to the rack, whereas before they just attacked at all times, its going to help us out greatly.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
So calling for an undefeated home slate then, huh?

I'd sign up for a 2X-4 regular season.

Last edited:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Looks good to me. More respect. Looks like we will never hear again can Fred coach because he is a newbie......

JackCyclone

Jan 31, 2013
How do we go from pretty tough non conference schedule in 2013-2014 to cupcake non conference schedule this year?

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Since we'll start the year ranked, If that prediction happens we'll easily be top 10 by big 12 play.

Jacktronic

MONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAYSUNDAY
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 16, 2013
Kansas City, MO
A road game against in-state rival Iowa is the only one that might result in a loss, but the Hawkeyes could be a bit of a mess without Roy Devyn Marble, Zach McCabe and Melsahn Basabe.

Lol.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

I don't believe this, due to it being basketball, and there's still some question marks, but that kind of a list shows just how far the program may have potential to go.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The first year Royce and Co. were all eligible it seemed like there might be a deal where transfers take time to gel and we'd typically be a slow starter and strong finisher, but I think that philosophy was highly flawed...it's actually an advantage early on in seasons now that we typically have a star player or two returning every year.

Since we had Ejim and Niang as stud players mixing in Kane was an advantage compared to other teams mixing in freshmen. Next year we bring back a lot of experienced talent and are mixing in 3 older players, one of whom is very experienced and proven. The two freshman are the gravy while other teams we face are going to be leaning on younger newcomers. It was only a disadvantage those first two years when the transfers were pencilled in as the core.

Not saying ISU will go 14-0 non conf every year, but if the makeup of this team and last continues they should have an edge early in seasons.

Last edited:

ronandkay

Jul 25, 2014
The Cyclones 1st loss will be EXACTLY when the other team scores more points than the Clones do. Take that to Vegas and bet the house on it!

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
The Cyclones 1st loss will be EXACTLY when the other team scores more points than the Clones do. Take that to Vegas and bet the house on it!

So if at 19:30 left in the first half of the first game we are down 2-0, we lose?:twitcy: