CFTV: D'Vario Montgomery making the most of opportunity

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
So after seeing this video, I'm trying very hard not to get to excited about football. With the O-line that we will have, the running backs and the receiving corp that will be on the field, if Mangino can make this unit gelled together it could be a very good offense. Should by far be the best of the Rhoads era.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
I sure can't remember a WR that had his size on our roster that had his athleticism and still was big play capable. Someone like Marquis Hamilton had great size but didn't have the home run in his bag of tricks (that I can recall).

Love these big receivers!

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I sure can't remember a WR that had his size on our roster that had his athleticism and still was big play capable. Someone like Marquis Hamilton had great size but didn't have the home run in his bag of tricks (that I can recall).

Love these big receivers!

I wonder if he's kind of like Todd Blythe. Todd could get open deep. I hope he's like Blythe.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
I've been more excited to see him play more than anyone else, including Lazard. This guy could be a beast in the Big 12

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
About D'Vario: Rumblings out of spring ball were not positive. Apparently he has taken a 180 as far as attitude and off-the-field stuff goes over the summer. Really grown up a lot. You can tell in that video too. It's a neat story, really.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
About D'Vario: Rumblings out of spring ball were not positive. Apparently he has taken a 180 as far as attitude and off-the-field stuff goes over the summer. Really grown up a lot. You can tell in that video too. It's a neat story, really.

I was wondering what he meant by some of those comments. Thanks for clarifying

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield

I'm assuming that was you that asked "you almost sound surprised to be in the program?" I'm guessing he's been on pretty thin ice but hey, ISU fans LOVE comeback stories and second chances that success stories.

kyle22kjs

Nov 2, 2012
I know this has been stated before, but this kid has serious talent. Anyone that was offered out of high school by, Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma, Florida, Florida State, etc.... has the raw ability to be great. Can someone tell me how many years he has left? I'm assuming 3 but I'm not 100%.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
I know this has been stated before, but this kid has serious talent. Anyone that was offered out of high school by, Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma, Florida, Florida State, etc.... has the raw ability to be great. Can someone tell me how many years he has left? I'm assuming 3 but I'm not 100%.

Pretty sure he is a RS Sophomore this year

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
When I first saw his interview I thought they had switched to interviewing LB's, seriously. Man is he huge. Can you imagine a 5'10 DB that's 180 lbs lining up in front of him. It's going to be real fun watching him and lazard the next few years.

cyclonebillski

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 17, 2007
Council Bluffs
When I first saw his interview I thought they had switched to interviewing LB's, seriously. Man is he huge. Can you imagine a 5'10 DB that's 180 lbs lining up in front of him. It's going to be real fun watching him and lazard the next few years.

I think we are the only team in the league with corners that size. We have a lot of talent, size, and speed options at WR. That is why I'm so excited to have Mangino. He works with what he is given and exploits mismatches, but this cupboard is super full of talent.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
The average NFL corner isn't even 6'0 and some of you think 5'10 is so ridiculous.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron