Leath

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
I'm not saying he's not a nice person but he needs to start doing a better job at winning over the public perception of him IMO

The public perception of him is that he's doing a great job, you are confusing your ridiculous perception as the one held by the majority which is simply incorrect.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I sat next to the Leath's on a plane ride from Dallas to Des Moines. It was odd that his wife was wearing a fur coat in a Dallas terminal. TCU women's basketball team was also in the terminal to come up for a game.

Cool story, I know.

501Clone

Mar 10, 2010
Ames, IA
The public perception of him is that he's doing a great job, you are confusing your ridiculous perception as the one held by the majority which is simply incorrect.

Educational wise he's doing great. ISU is growing at a huge rate and some of that, sure, is to his credit. All I'm asking for is to stand-up for certain things but maybe I'm in the minority here.

Reactions: mj4cy

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Geoffrey was an amazing president for Isu, and leath is a great replacement. The stupidity of some posters in this thread is not shocking.

Reactions: Angie

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Educational wise he's doing great. ISU is growing at a huge rate and some of that, sure, is to his credit. All I'm asking for is to stand-up for certain things but maybe I'm in the minority here.

Or you know, maybe the students to act responsible when partying on a Tuesday. Or a player to avoid a potential bad situation. Oh wait never mind, were asking too much from "adults".

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Parade, Booths, Cherry Pie, pancake tent... celebrations end at 6:00pm every day stop having concerts because the bands usually suck anyway. This stops people from going straight from the concerts, to the bars, to the streets.

Actually its more the opposite. The 04 recommendations included *more* on campus events because if youre on campus you generally arent causing problems. That was awesome for awhile until they moved the concerts out into the middle of nowhere. That just leads to people being at the large house parties near campustown (hunt st, where both the 04 and 14 'riots' began)

What they should have done is ended the veishea "week" nonsense, made it officially a thurs-sun event, reexamined police procedure on breaking up large parties near campustown, etc. But it was clear from the start this 'task force' was a sham set up to kill veishea.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010

Stand up for what exactly? VEISHA? It's not his fault that a bunch of ******* college kids decided to throw a riot for the hell of it. There wasn't another decision he could make. The actions of others put him in a corner, they are to blame, not him. To think otherwise is purely childish in nature.

You're blaming him for Bubu? Bubu got himself in his own damn trouble. I'm not even going to get started on that line of thinking.

Leath's job is to carry on what Geoffery started and last I checked, he's doing one hell of a job at it. ISU has never been stronger and future trends are showing that this progress isn't slowing down any time soon. Next time before you come to a public forum to voice your ridiculous complaints, pull your head out of your *** and find reality first.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Stand up for what exactly? VEISHA? It's not his fault that a bunch of ******* college kids decided to throw a riot for the hell of it. There wasn't another decision he could make. The actions of others put him in a corner, they are to blame, not him. To think otherwise is purely childish in nature.

You're blaming him for Bubu? Bubu got himself in his own damn trouble. I'm not even going to get started on that line of thinking.

Leath's job is to carry on what Geoffery started and last I checked, he's doing one hell of a job at it. ISU has never been stronger and future trends are showing that this progress isn't slowing down any time soon. Next time before you come to a public forum to voice your ridiculous complaints, pull your head out of your *** and find reality first.

Underlined part should meet bold part.

pot-and-kettke.jpg

501Clone

Mar 10, 2010
Ames, IA

I just wanted to see what everyone else thought about things is all.

BirdOfWar

May 3, 2010
Central Iowa
You can't blame Leath for VEISHA. As others have mentioned, the students have had riots numerous times and plenty of chances.

I'm not saying I like that it's being cancelled, but I can understand why.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Cute. Naive as all hell, but cute nonetheless.

"The trial was regarding Palo's appeal of the decision made by the Iowa Board of Regents to uphold a previous decision handed down by ISU President Steven Leath that Palo violated the university's sexual misconduct policy.

The board upheld Leath's initial decision that Palo was in violation of the university code of conduct, despite the determination of Administrative Law Judge John Priester that Iowa State did not have the grounds to dole out the suspension Palo received.
Based on Priester's findings, Iowa District Judge Thomas Bice issued a stay on Palo's suspension and he was reinstated on the team but never played again."

-Iowa State Daily

President Leath's decision is still costing taxpayers money. But I'm naive since I agree with the courts...

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
"The trial was regarding Palo's appeal of the decision made by the Iowa Board of Regents to uphold a previous decision handed down by ISU President Steven Leath that Palo violated the university's sexual misconduct policy.

The board upheld Leath's initial decision that Palo was in violation of the university code of conduct, despite the determination of Administrative Law Judge John Priester that Iowa State did not have the grounds to dole out the suspension Palo received.
Based on Priester's findings, Iowa District Judge Thomas Bice issued a stay on Palo's suspension and he was reinstated on the team but never played again."

-Iowa State Daily

President Leath's decision is still costing taxpayers money. But I'm naive since I agree with the courts...

Yeah, pretty much. You're going to believe what you want to believe and I'm not interested enough to have any desire to change that. This isn't about Bubu though, so let's not completely derail it with your whimsical beliefs.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
A Veishea and Bubu thread? Can the servers handle this?

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
get over Bubu Palo already! He made his choices and has to live with them. Seems to me, Leath has been nothing but great as the ISU president. There are a few more important things going on besides a drunkfest and an ex-basketball player who made his own stupid decisions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
President Leath is a great leader for Iowa State and the university is fortunate to have him.

He also is one of a handful of university presidents nationwide to have a 100% approval rating from university employees. (Sally Mason has 54% by the way, one of the lowest ratings in the nation.) http://www.glassdoor.com/blog/top-25-universities-work-2013/

It amazes me how much emphasis a large portion of alumni & students only perceive the value of our school through their filter of sports and VEISHEA parties. I'm a huge supporter of the VEISHEA tradition, but the student body has to assume a lot of the responsibility for the outcome.

Reactions: ExCyment

Help Support Us

Become a patron