*** Official U18 Euro Championship Thread ***

kucyclone

Jan 16, 2008
Seattle
So, this thing tips off tomorrow at 2:00 Turkey time, which is, I believe, at 6:00am in Iowa. Here is the schedule, the Greek roster, and Tsalmpouris's profile. I have no idea if this is being streamed anywhere. Greece is in Group C, with Turkey, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Czech Republic. Each team plays three group games, over the next three days, and then the tournament proceeds according to the following, easy to read, chart:

%7BCEBE7C43-FA3E-462E-849C-7106A89BAF39%7D.jpg

Last edited:

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
The stats are from 2 years ago. He may have improved a bit since then. :v_SPIN:

Yep. Not to mention that his high number of minutes in that profile was 9. It'll be interesting to see how he does this time around. Would be fun if it was streamed.

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
Is that dude that's going to KU playing in this thing for his country?
Found this:
"Mykhailiuk, who turned 17 in June, is set to play for Ukraine in the FIBA U-18 Division B European Championships, which are begin July 24 in Sofia, Bulgaria. Ukraine will open against Portugal."

Tsalmpouris and the Greek team are in the Division A tournament hosted by Turkey.

Last edited:

cloneraslin

Apr 11, 2006
Greece is the team in white. Anyone know what # he is? I think I seen a he'll of a block by him.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
its going to take CF a long time to figure out that Georgios is barely going to play this year.

Jsievers24

Jan 8, 2014
Johnston, IA
I don't understand why no one thinks he will red shirt in the next 2 years if he is such a big project. We have a lot of older guys in front of him. I think it makes sense to give him a few minutes this year and then red shirt him next year if he still needs work when Williams and hopefully Diallo are available.

cloneraslin

Apr 11, 2006
Yeah that wasn't him then. #15 on that team is good! He really stood out.

http://u18men.fibaeurope.com/en/cid_2bqXUaQOJwYn9c2ymJyFx0.playerID_93076.compID_8aYeHlfuGF-mF5IqO8aFH1.season_2014.roundID_10067.teamID_291.html

Last edited:

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I don't understand why no one thinks he will red shirt in the next 2 years if he is such a big project. We have a lot of older guys in front of him. I think it makes sense to give him a few minutes this year and then red shirt him next year if he still needs work when Williams and hopefully Diallo are available.

I think it's purely the fact that he's coming so far to sit out a year. It probably makes complete sense otherwise.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007

It's just the European thing. He's very unlikely to want to ride the pine for very long and spend 5 years away from his family for a team that he didn't know existed 3 months ago.

I think you try to play him some this year, if for no other reason then to figure out if it's worth keeping him around (for him and for us).

Jsievers24

Jan 8, 2014
Johnston, IA
If you have diallo, Williams, niang, McKay, and Nader in front of you and you're not playing anyway.... Give him some minutes year one and if he impresses then don't red shirt him, if he sucks and is humbled maybe he would be willing to sit. It also depends on how well he meshes with everyone.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron