Updated Bracketology

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
That must be pre-Big 12 tourney. We might be able to jump up a spot or two when it's over.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Maybe it has. The comment about a first round loss to colorado threw me. (mouseover "Iowa State" on the bracket)

frontrangeclone

Apr 11, 2006
Cache Valley
twitter.com
they have ISU's record at 20-11, so its recent.... would be interesting to see C. Vivian Stringer back in Iowa... (Rutgers coach)... she had EIUs women's program rockin' in the late 80s/early 90s. Not to mention, wasn't Rutgers the team that got Don Imus in hot agua last spring for his commentary on their appearances?

CyclonesRule

Apr 10, 2006
West Des Moines
Before the Big XII tournament he had us as the 10 seed in the Spokane regional, now he has us as 10 seed in the Oklahoma City regional. I would have thought with the two big wins in the tourney we might have moved up. A win against A+M would help as well.

Oldgeezer

Mar 18, 2006
Waukon, Iowa
Very unlikely. 20 wins isn't the magic number in WBB like it is in MBB. However, with ISU's win of KSU they should be a decent seed.
20 wins isn't a magic number nor has it ever been, except in the minds of sports experts. Limits on the number of teams from a conference is not a factor either, these two items surface every year, just like Elvis sightings.

state09

Dec 19, 2007
The new bracketoogy still has us at 10 with a new write-up:

"The Cyclones' run in the Big 12 tournament should help them get off the bubble."

fulll02

Apr 17, 2006
Des Moines
Right now it looks like a 9 seed (RPI of 36). This would be disasterous. I don't think we match up very well with a Tennessee, NC, or Duke.

I don't think they would put us as a 8 or 9 seed, mainly out of respect to the number 1 seed. No high seed would look forward to playing Iowa State in the second round in DES MOINES. I think the committee would stick a number 2 seed with that task no problem, but there is no way they are going to in any way jeopardize the prospects of a Tennessee or UConn by putting them in a very unfriendly environment. Just my opinion.

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I don't think they would put us as a 8 or 9 seed, mainly out of respect to the number 1 seed. No high seed would look forward to playing Iowa State in the second round in DES MOINES. I think the committee would stick a number 2 seed with that task no problem, but there is no way they are going to in any way jeopardize the prospects of a Tennessee or UConn by putting them in a very unfriendly environment. Just my opinion.

Agree, no way we are 8 or 9. They won't make a 1 play us in DM. See his latest update and he has jumped us to a 7

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa

That is an EXCELLENT point. I now feel much better that we won't end up an 8 or 9 seed. Gonna be a 7 or a 10 it would appear. Either way you are looking at the 2 seed 2nd round if you win the 1st.

Stumpy

Apr 10, 2006
Tucson, AZ
I'd love another crack at Rutgers if it shapes up the way he's been predicting. Ten years since they knocked us out of the tourney on our home court.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron