Just Met Jeff Hornacek's Wife and Daughter

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I was eating brunch like I always do in Charleston, got sat down next to a table with two women.

One of them saw me in my cyclone gear and asked if I went there. I said yes and she said she was an alum and just kept talking. She introduced herself, "Stacy Hornacek" and I thought about Jeff but I wanted to be sure so I asked when she graduated and it started to add up. Then she said she lived in Phoenix and I was 95% sure at this point.

Then when she said that he was a basketball player I knew... so I asked his name and I was right.

His daughter plays volleyball at USC. They were just in town on vacation, and they were just both so nice and very beautiful.

I was so star struck. I should've taken a picture.

Well that's my story.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I'm more of a VB fan so I'm more impressed that the daughter plays for USC. They have won the championship 6 times in the last 15 years.

April Ross is an alum, for those of you who watched the Olympics.

rhino3382

Mar 6, 2012
15 min South of Hilton
To add a similar story about meeting a family member but not the player. Wife wanted to go to garage sales in waukee this spring. She was looking for clothes for our daughter and I was looking for stuff I didn't need. Anyways we split for a second and I ended up at a place with random things. The lady saw my sweat shirt and ISU hat and asked me about being a fan. She said her son played there many years back. Her son was Hurl Beechum. She told me stories of going out to eat with Fred and Hurl before games then driving them to the games and such. She talked about a bball she had signed by all the seniors and how a lawyer in KC offered her 2k for it but she turned it down. It was fun listening to the stories and realizing that these guys we grew up watching and idolizing are just regular sons to these people.

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA
I was eating brunch like I always do in Charleston, got sat down next to a table with two women.

One of them saw me in my cyclone gear and asked if I went there. I said yes and she said she was an alum and just kept talking. She introduced herself, "Stacy Hornacek" and I thought about Jeff but I wanted to be sure so I asked when she graduated and it started to add up. Then she said she lived in Phoenix and I was 95% sure at this point.

Then when she said that he was a basketball player I knew... so I asked his name and I was right.

His daughter plays volleyball at USC. They were just in town on vacation, and they were just both so nice and very beautiful.

I was so star struck. I should've taken a picture.

Well that's my story.

This is a weird detail to add.

Reactions: Angie

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Why? You don't ever use comment on attractiveness of a woman when telling a story?

If he bashed their looks or the daughter was 15 of whatever I could understand your point.

I might have some south leaking into me. It's common courtesy to tell someone they're beautiful/handsome no matter what. I've lost count with how many times I've been introduced "this handsome young man" even at work.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron