BLUM: Monster NBA Draft Preview

HoraceGrant

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2011
If the NBA comparisons given in the article come to fruition this will be among the best drafts of all time (~9 all stars is a lot)

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
If the NBA comparisons given in the article come to fruition this will be among the best drafts of all time (~9 all stars is a lot)

Those comparisons are ideas of what their games could look like. Not necessarily guaranteeing All-Star-dom. But this Draft is very good. Thanks for reading!

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
I hope the Bulls trade up and get Dougie or Stauskus(spelling?)

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Hard to believe they're still going to take Embiid, especially in the first round...that's not what I've been reading.

At any rate, I really hope yon Blum has to eat his words regarding Kane & Ejim.

Can we count on a full-page apology if this is the case, and/or he has to send everyone on CF a coupon for a free Natty Lite?

:pcool:

Jsievers24

Jan 8, 2014
Johnston, IA
Good write up. I don't see Jabari becoming Carmelo so I hope the Cavs take Wiggins. Wiggins has a good shot that will get better, and he is extremely athletic.

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
Hard to believe they're still going to take Embiid, especially in the first round...that's not what I've been reading.

Can we count on a full-page apology if this is the case, and/or he has to send everyone on CF a coupon for a free Natty Lite?

Done. But the Busch Light is on CW.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
I'll be very surprised if Aaron Gordon falls to 10. Bet he gets picked before Stauskas and McDermott, and possibly Smart. Don't think he should be, but bet he will.

Some of the NBA comparisons are a bit... surprising. Don't see Batum and McDermott, or Tim Duncan and Embiid. Maybe more like Camby. Is Camby still in the league?

Liked the piece, though.

Last edited:

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I'll be very surprised if Aaron Gordon falls to 10. Bet he gets picked before Stauskas and McDermott, and possibly Smart. Don't think he should be, but bet he will.

Some of the NBA comparisons are a bit... surprising. Don't see Batum and McDermott, or Tim Duncan and Embiid. Maybe more like Camby. Is Camby still in the league?

Liked the piece, though.

Yeah the Exum Harden comparison is questionable too as Exum is being touted as a guy who might struggle shooting but can come in and defend right away but it's hard to come up with a good comparison for all 30 guys.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Yeah the Exum Harden comparison is questionable too as Exum is being touted as a guy who might struggle shooting but can come in and defend right away but it's hard to come up with a good comparison for all 30 guys.

Thats like the exact opposite of Harden. C'mon Blum!!! Get your stuff together!!

IowaStateClones

Dec 7, 2009

Derp

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
Thats like the exact opposite of Harden. C'mon Blum!!! Get your stuff together!!

Exum is supposedly athletic and can get to the rim like Harden! And Harden could guard if he wanted to, he just shows as much effort as Shawn Taggart.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Exum is supposedly athletic and can get to the rim like Harden! And Harden could guard if he wanted to, he just shows as much effort as Shawn Taggart.

Yeah he is a tough one to compare because even the biggest nba draft fan has seen at most three games of him from the hoop summit a year ago. There's not a comparison that jumps out at me right away either, maybe a pre injury Shaun Livingston?

Help Support Us

Become a patron