Ryan Anderson to AZ

Nuts4Cy

Mar 21, 2006
@BobbyLaGesse: Visited ISU RT @GoodmanESPN BC transfer Ryan Anderson told ESPN he had committed to Arizona.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
He is reinforcing the thought that if a transfer doesn't commit on their visit it probably isn't happening.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
@TravisHines21: Heard all along that prospect of playing in a Niang/McKay/Nader/Williams frontcourt was a detractor for Anderson. Minutes tough in AZ too.

TranCytive

Apr 15, 2014
@TravisHines21: Heard all along that prospect of playing in a Niang/McKay/Nader/Williams frontcourt was a detractor for Anderson. Minutes tough in AZ too.

Don't want someone like that on our team, if he's good enough he can beat others out for minutes.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
If Arizona loses a main few to the NBA, he gets immediate playing time I suppose. Not so sure its more of just being in an area closer to his California environment. Oh well.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
So he didn't like that he had to compete for time? Guess he's the type of player that felt he was entitled to the starting job. As much as it sucks missing out on him, in a way, him being scared of minutes goes to show you how busy and stacked our front court will really be next year.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
So he didn't like that he had to compete for time? Guess he's the type of player that felt he was entitled to the starting job. As much as it sucks missing out on him, in a way, him being scared of minutes goes to show you how busy and stacked our front court will really be next year.
Exactly my thoughts too. It's a good problem to have when we lose recruits because they are afraid they won't get enough playing time because we are that stacked already (although it would be better for ISU if he did commit). I just have a hard time believing Arizona is much better.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Exactly my thoughts too. It's a good problem to have when we lose recruits because they are afraid they won't get enough playing time because we are that stacked already (although it would be better for ISU if he did commit). I just have a hard time believing Arizona is much better.
Arizona has young incoming freshman at the big man position, so I guess he feels he can beat them out versus an experienced ISU frontcourt that will have all upper classmen.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Arizona has young incoming freshman at the big man position, so I guess he feels he can beat them out versus an experienced ISU frontcourt that will have all upper classmen.
That makes sense. I really wish we would have gotten him. We would have had so much depth.
*Cue Iowa depth joke*