Percy Gibson transferring

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
If they can get some through that they did, they could have gotten him through. I am gonna put it on his shoulders. Or, maybe they should have never let him in.

Or, does anyone have factual evidence that he did in fact flunk out at the semester, or are some posters who just don't like him for whateve reason (maybe because he's not a "true" Cyclone since he left at the semester break) now making ***** up about him? Seems like a h*ll of a thing to say about a student-athlete without having anything to back it up.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I wish Percy well. I hope he finds a good place to land. No need to trash him.../QUOTE]
I don't know if there is much actual trashing of Percy going on, but your sentiments are otherwise so true.

I remember a couple of years ago when Jordan Railey left there were a few posters on here who were all but openly wishing for him to tear an ACL.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I remember a couple of years ago when Jordan Railey left there were a few posters on here who were all but openly wishing for him to tear an ACL.

No need to wish any athlete to get hurt but I think a lot of people were tired of his ***. He also could have killed someone the night he rolled his car.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
No need to wish any athlete to get hurt but I think a lot of people were tired of his ***. He also could have killed someone the night he rolled his car.

Obviously I don't want to see a player get injured either, but the whole "playing-closer-to-home" thing probably didn't help.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
I am not so sure anyone knows why K.J Bluford really left. I think it is pretty safe to say he wasn't well respected amongst teammates though. Would be surprised if he even finds success with Northern Arizona.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
I don't know if there is much actual trashing of Percy going on, but your sentiments are otherwise so true.

Who was the kid from Nebraska who was here during LE's tenure, then transferred away to some smaller school in NE or maybe SD? It wasn't so much the kid as it was his dad ripping ISU.

But the response to him leaving was downright nasty. And when he was killed a couple years later - of course there were the handful of morons who did chime in as you may expect.

Ellington or something like that. Erikson? Eichman?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Alright, lets be real here. Percy Gibson has been nothing but a good "clubhouse guy" for the last 2 years. Will, Chris, and Korie were starters on very solid NCAA tournament teams. No you can't compare them. You just can't. Don't get me wrong, I love Percy but he has regressed since his freshman year.

Your logic says that you can compare Brian Scalabrine to Lebron James because Scalabrine gets on a team and helps them with his "good attitude" and "work ethic" just like Lebron helps his team with MVP crowns and championship rings. Come on, really?!

Nobody is saying that he is in the category of someone that Hoiberg would recruit here as a transfer. All I said is that he is in the category of a guy who can transfer to a D1 school and contribute significantly. In that broad sense, there is a positive general comparison.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Who was the kid from Nebraska who was here during LE's tenure, then transferred away to some smaller school in NE or maybe SD? It wasn't so much the kid as it was his dad ripping ISU.

But the response to him leaving was downright nasty. And when he was killed a couple years later - of course there were the handful of morons who did chime in as you may expect.

Ellington or something like that. Erikson? Eichman?

Eikemeier, left during McD's to play for Larry at CSU.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
Eikemeier, left during McD's to play for Larry at CSU.

That's it. Wes Eikmeier. Thank you.

Wow - that recent? I knew LE had something to do with it.

Edit: Yep - that's who I was thinking of. But I got the wrong guy.

Last edited:

jackrabbit

Dec 2, 2006
The kid who transferred to USD was Fortune. I'm not sure on the first name Nick?

Last edited:

501Clone

Mar 10, 2010
Ames, IA
I am not so sure anyone knows why K.J Bluford really left. I think it is pretty safe to say he wasn't well respected amongst teammates though. Would be surprised if he even finds success with Northern Arizona.

He was forced to leave because of grades. Believe it or don't. Up to you.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

Based on what? Serious question.