Cell Phone Jammers

alaskaguy

Apr 11, 2006
From: ZRAD Portable Handheld GSM Cellphone Signal Jammer/Blocker at Vavolo.com

This handheld mobile phone jammer is designed for provide ultimate solution in any area where cellular communications usually cause nuisance, crafted with advanced high-frequency signal microcomputer controlling technology, it is an instrument built to cut-off mobile phone from receiving and transmitting the mobile phones signals to the base station. Prevent unwanted surveillance, monitor, or leaking news, it is capable to help you block alway all these no matter in a conference room, business headquarter, a moving vehicle, or anywhere in the world.

cmoneyr

Nov 8, 2006
Ames, Born and Raised
From: ZRAD Portable Handheld GSM Cellphone Signal Jammer/Blocker at Vavolo.com

This handheld mobile phone jammer is designed for provide ultimate solution in any area where cellular communications usually cause nuisance, crafted with advanced high-frequency signal microcomputer controlling technology, it is an instrument built to cut-off mobile phone from receiving and transmitting the mobile phones signals to the base station. Prevent unwanted surveillance, monitor, or leaking news, it is capable to help you block alway all these no matter in a conference room, business headquarter, a moving vehicle, or anywhere in the world.
I don't think that's a new invention or anything is it?

alaskaguy

Apr 11, 2006
The FCC (Federal Communications Commission) in the United States has outlawed the sale and use of jammers because they can in theory interfere with emergency communications between police and rescue personnel, aid in criminal activity as well as disrupt medical equipment like pacemakers.

Even though jammers are illegal, it will be pretty difficult for the FCC to catch you. Triangulating the exact position of someone with a jammer will require some fancy hi-tech tracking gear and several personnel.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]However if you do get busted using a cell phone jammer, be prepared for a possible $11,000 fine. Remember, jammers are mainly intended for military or government use. [/FONT]

Link:
Cell Phone Jammers

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
This would be handy for anyone who has ran a cash register. That is the most annoying thing in the world for someone to be checking out and not even give you the curtousy of getting off their cell phone. Is there also a bluetooth jammer so you can stop the people walking around stores and public places holding a conversation acting like they're the most important person in the world?

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I would love to jam them in my house. I have a friend who comes over and talks on his damn cell phone the whole time hes over. that makes it hard to play Gears.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Is there also a bluetooth jammer so you can stop the people walking around stores and public places holding a conversation acting like they're the most important person in the world?

In my world, these people are called "Bluetools".

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Tell him to respect the xbox or get out, it's common courtesy.

=)

I realize cell phones are good emergency tools and are helpfull if you are a parent with kids at a babysitters. But in eating areas, movie theaters, etc put the damn cell down. That includes texting. If its not important you dont need to communicate it.

cmoneyr

Nov 8, 2006
Ames, Born and Raised
In my world, these people are called "Bluetools".
Hey, these people obviously are very busy, important people. Anyone who's walking around Wal-Mart in sweat pants at 10:30 at night with a basket full of cheeze its, sams choice cola and hanes boxers is clearly someone who needs to be in contact with clients at all times.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I'm a high school teacher and I LOVE the idea of the Jammer. Although we have a "no cell phone" policy inside the classroom, I invariably will catch students texting during class & I then have to "confiscate" their phone - it becomes a pain to deal with this.

Last edited:

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXKOsajNZY4"]YouTube - I'm having trouble with the radar, sir[/ame]

Reactions: hawkeyeh8r

Wx4Cy

May 22, 2007
West Des Moines
=)

I realize cell phones are good emergency tools and are helpfull if you are a parent with kids at a babysitters. But in eating areas, movie theaters, etc put the damn cell down. That includes texting. If its not important you dont need to communicate it.

I agree. I would personally like to be a cell phone jammer. I would take great pleasure in jammerinin' that thing up some people's furry brown bahookies. People don't like me very much when I interrupt them and ask them if I can come over and carry on a phone conversation in their kitchen.

worse than sweat pants mom is "cooler than you ear-bud guy". When did disrepect become tolerable?

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
When did disrepect become tolerable?

When folks like you and me become apathetic to them. When we just give up because we feel like we cant do anything about it. Unfortunately.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
We have one of those at work.

Everyone jokes about becoming sterile/growing an additional limb because of it.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I'm a high school teacher and I LOVE the idea of the Jammer. Although we have a "no cell phone" policy inside the classroom, I invariably will catch students texting during class & I then have to "confiscate" their phone - it becomes a pain to deal with this.

Bingo! Right here! I actually had a parent get mad at me for taking her son's phone. I actually have two boxes in my room. One box has a removable lid, the other has a locking lid. Students can choose to put their phones in the box with the removable lid and retrieve their phones during a break in the middle of class (we have 80 minute class periods) and at the end of class. The other box is for students who choose not to put their phones in the box with removable lid. Their confiscated phones end up in there and they dont get them back until the end of the day because that is the only time I have to unlock it. BOOYA!

I've also threatened to bring in a "Wheel of Cellphone Death", which would have a multitude of different ways for a cellphone to die, ranging from a simple off switch to a blender to a bucket of water.

josh4isu

Aug 10, 2010
Iowa
To the teachers. Your class must be reaaaaaallly boring if your students take the time to sneak in texts during class. Heres an idea, get a bucket and have the kids put them in the bucket until class is over. And then keep your students interested in whatever your trying to teach.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
To the teachers. Your class must be reaaaaaallly boring if your students take the time to sneak in texts during class. Heres an idea, get a bucket and have the kids put them in the bucket until class is over. And then keep your students interested in whatever your trying to teach.

:rolleyes::laugh: Oh man thats great!