***Official ISU vs Kansas Post Game Thread***

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
God, that was great! What a complete effort. Really, really happy for the whole team.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Great win. Heck of a job by the staff and players.

Can Edozie play a consistent 5 to 10 minutes of solid defense and rebounding? That would be huge to going on a run in March. Oh, and as we all know, we are a different team when we shoot well.

Love that the title game is a day early. 3 games in 3 days will take a toll. Hopefully Naz, Thomas, Edozie, and even SDW can bring the energy with their fresh legs.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Really a fantastic effort from everyone. Total team win. I think without Embid we beat them 9 out of 10 times. Only area on the floor they are better when Embid isnt on the floor is Wiggins. KU really has a guard problem right now. No point guard, no off guard, not a great situation for them.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
That replaces at Oklahoma State on my list of favorite games of the year (so far).

And honestly, that had to be the most complete game ISU has played.

Niang was unstoppable. Ball-sharing was impressive. Defense was good. 3-pointers were deadly. And many other things.

Yeah. I need to shift my favorite wins down a notch now.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
That Hogue dunk, my god that kid can jump....good lord

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
I always knew ISU was the real deal... Big XII is like Hard Rock Mining and you have to be at your best and bring your best every night. Good teams lose in this league every week... Great job by your guys shaking off a tough end of the regular season, regroup and come out with guns blazing in the Tournament.

I can't wait for tomorrow night... as long as the Bears finish the wHorns tonight

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008
I love how this team is improving in areas that weren't strong earlier this year. \

Kane's 3 point shooting.

Long isn't just launching a 3 as soon as the ball comes to him, and he is trying to drive into the lane when there's an opening. And when there's a good look from the 3 for Long, watch out!

Morris has become an absolute stud.

Hogue was always a rebounding threat from the start of this year. But now he's a scoring threat, too. And he is making his FTs, even at higher pressure moments.

Ejim and Niang have transitioned from great to legendary.

The phrase Big 3 might be a bit outdated for this team. It's now the Big 6!

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
So glad my flight from OKC to Detroit caught a tail wind - I was able to watch the last 15 minutes of the game on my phone. Not sure what the folks at the Detroit airport thought of me, but I don't care. So proud of my school putting the hurt on Kansas tonight!

:jiggy:

A win tomorrow, and I don't see how ISU is not a 3 seed. That would be sweet!

ISU is no worse than a 3 seed regardless of what happens tomorrow night. They were probably a 3 seed regardless of what happened this evening.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
What was the difference between the 1st and 2nd half? We made our layups in the 2nd half. Should have been a 20 point win. Make our layups and stay out of foul trouble, and we're the big xii champs!

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Got home from work with ISU up 54-50. what a ******* game! Hung in there and closed it down the stretch. One more guys!

kilroy

Jun 10, 2010
hills to flat lands
I hate the Baylor zone and I hope we break it tommorrow unlike down in wacko. Need some more good 3 pt shooting again and it should crumble.