Antoine Mason

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
He has been shooting poorly from three, at least sense the start of February. I would think we want a great shooter. Hopefully there are other factors affecting his percentages.

He's shooting better from 3 this season then Kane was in his last season at Marshall. Hoiberg is still our coach, so expect that percentage to go up a good ways too.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Also, I don't pay much attention to drafts and things but what are the odds a guy like this is able to take a shot at the Pros? Kane wasn't the leading scorer nationally so the comparison doesn't really apply.

He definitely could. But I did read in one of those articles that he hasn't had too many NBA scouts taking a live look-in on Niagara hoops to really evaluate him. Thus, he could make a move. "Could."

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Well technically Kane still isn't that great of a shooter. Great player, yes. Great shooter, no.

Well, what I meant when I said it was that the fact he wasn't a great shooter was really going to limit his impact here.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Of course he won't be saying anything about leaving Niagra anytime soon. But he will have a shot to go almost anywhere he wants. He would be foolish to stay.

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
I don't think he has a choice in the matter. If he graduates early then I don't think he can play basketball for them anymore, and if he wants to play in the NBA he isn't going to play at Niagra.
Graduating early would not prevent him from playing another year at Niagara, as long as he enrolls in graduate school.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I don't think he has a choice in the matter. If he graduates early then I don't think he can play basketball for them anymore, and if he wants to play in the NBA he isn't going to play at Niagra.

Calvin Murphy would disagree.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

Wrong.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Yeah, Anthony Booker graduated early and kept playing. Like others have said he just needs to enroll in grad school.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Which gets me thinking, does enrolling and not finishing grad school count against a school's APR?

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006

Disagree re: playing for Niagra after graduation as he can always enroll as a grad student. I do agree re: chances in the NBA being reduced if he stays at Niagra. Playing against stiffer competition will increase his stock for the NBA. He just needs a coach who can help him improve his outside shot and who can expose him to an NBA-style offense. Hope he finds such a coach. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron