Antoine Mason

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Which gets me thinking, does enrolling and not finishing grad school count against a school's APR?

I don't know the answer for sure, but that would seem completely counterproductive to penalize teams for graduating players early,...... but then again, the NCAA has never been accused of actually caring about the welfare of the players.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
You just have to be making normal academic progress towards graduation in normal transfers. Pretty much 12 credits a semester

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
He sounds like he would be a perfect fit and a win win situation (unless Fred has found another Tyrus somewhere). Wonder if it would violate any NCAA rules if Kane gave him a call after the season so they could just become friends.

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
Personally, I think this thread would be more appropriate after he declares that he is not going to be returning to Niagra.

So should we not talk about Fred leaving for the NBA until it happens? Or have 10,000+ posts about a potential recruit that is still in HS but hasn't committed or signed?

cloneraslin

Apr 11, 2006
Niagara and Antoine Mason's season is now over. They lost last night in their conference tournament. Niagara finished 7-26 and dead last in conference. You'd have to think he is going to transfer not only to improve his draft stock but to get on a team that is not awful. The 2 next best players after Mason are both seniors, so I can't see them getting any better next year.

Do we have a shot at Mason? I'd like to think so with how successful we have been with our transfers. Also Mason's older brother played at St Johns when coach MattA was a grad assistant there. So I'd imagine there is a connection that a lot other schools won't have. Also Cameron Fowler plays for Niagara, he still talks a lot with our guys on twitter so hopefully he'd put in a good word for us too.

Here are Mason's stats in his conference tournament.
Game 1 - 38 pts, 6 rebs, 4 asts
Game 2 - 28 pts, 5 rebs, 1 ast

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
If he can average 28ppg at 10 pounds imagine what he could do at 15 or 20!

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Niagara and Antoine Mason's season is now over. They lost last night in their conference tournament. Niagara finished 7-26 and dead last in conference. You'd have to think he is going to transfer not only to improve his draft stock but to get on a team that is not awful. The 2 next best players after Mason are both seniors, so I can't see them getting any better next year.

Do we have a shot at Mason? I'd like to think so with how successful we have been with our transfers. Also Mason's older brother played at St Johns when coach MattA was a grad assistant there. So I'd imagine there is a connection that a lot other schools won't have. Also Cameron Fowler plays for Niagara, he still talks a lot with our guys on twitter so hopefully he'd put in a good word for us too.

Here are Mason's stats in his conference tournament.
Game 1 - 38 pts, 6 rebs, 4 asts
Game 2 - 28 pts, 5 rebs, 1 ast

Holy ****. I think he comes to ISU. Dead serious,

Fourth straight newcomer of the year.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Holy ****. I think he comes to ISU. Dead serious,

Fourth straight newcomer of the year.

Interested by your optimism, but other than some posters bringing this guy up, doesn't the article say they dont know if he'll return or not? And have we heard anything from the home coaching front whether he's even been discussed?

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
He averages 11 FT attempts per game. That's insane. Not the greatest shooter, but I wonder how much of that is the fact that he's the only player on his team who can score.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Interested by your optimism, but other than some posters bringing this guy up, doesn't the article say they dont know if he'll return or not? And have we heard anything from the home coaching front whether he's even been discussed?

His dad has high hopes for him to make the NBA, but he needs to work on his jump shot.
Will see what happens but I am guessing his dad will want him to go where he can work on that.

Hoiberg runs NBA sets, and kids are encouraged to shoot jump shots.

If the kid does transfer out, I think he comes to Ames.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I don't think anybody's mentioned this but ex Cyclone Cam Fowler is on the same Niagara team as Antoine Mason.