Iowa State men's basketball team (as a whole)

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
This game will help Fred teach the team about "finishing" games, not just "staying in" them. Earlier in the season and at home, "staying in" was enough because we could "will" something good to happen for the win. Not in the Big 12 at the end of the season. Now, we have to earn them. And it will only be tougher and tougher as we go through the Big 12 and NCAA Tournament. Losing games like this that could have been won should teach the team the lessons they need to learn to "finish" games.

Now, go to Waco and take care of business with Baylor.

CyStalker

Jul 16, 2012
Ankeny
None. But, they both better be shooting jump shots behind the arc every day this Spring, Summer and Fall at Sukup. A thousand shots per day would be a good start.

I think they both spend a ton of extra time shooting and I believe that CFH has said that they are the best shooters in practice, but that obviously isn't translating on game day. Naz does not appear to lack confidence, but it does seem as though it's in Matt's head. He can improve that and I'm hoping for a better sophomore season out of him. CFH did not shoot the 3 ball well his Freshman year and look how that turned out. Time will tell, but I don't think effort is the problem here.

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
For some reason I also have kind of an empty feeling after ISU loses. I don't think that its any better on years like this year where more or less they probably should have won some of the games they lost. It sucks. However, this team is good and at times they just seem to fall asleep. The lapses happen enough that it might be hard to make a final four run ... but you never know. This team is good enough. That alone is amazing.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
Or it was a one pt game with a minute left in a tough arena. On to Baylor.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
None. But, they both better be shooting jump shots behind the arc every day this Spring, Summer and Fall at Sukup. A thousand shots per day would be a good start.
If only it was that easy- they do that now.
Imo a better way would be for them to concentrate on their all-around game. Get them to give themselves a chance to contribute in more than just one way.

Last edited:

Jsievers24

Jan 8, 2014
Johnston, IA
not the refs fault.

we shot about 2.5% below our season average on FT so that wasn't it.

NaZ and Matt have to contribute THIS year. 2 bench points vs 38+ (didn't see the final stat).

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
not the refs fault.

NaZ and Matt have to contribute THIS year. 2 bench points vs 38+ (didn't see the final stat).

We played 2 bench guys. They played 5. No one on their team scored over 15 points. They spread their scoring well.

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
not the refs fault.

Nice stat, but that doesn't change the fact that we crapped the bed when it mattered most (while KSU couldn't miss). Fred singled out FT shooting in his postgame, and for good reason.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Are people actually freaking out? I thought the overwhelming majority of the board expected us to go 2-1 the last three games, with this being our most likely lost? It sucks, but KSU is a solid team. We'll survive.

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
Are people actually freaking out? I thought the overwhelming majority of the board expected us to go 2-1 the last three games, with this being our most likely lost? It sucks, but KSU is a solid team. We'll survive.
Can only speak for myself, but I'm certainly not freaking out. Expected a loss, but there was a W to be had with some better execution down the stretch. It makes the loss sting just a bit more than it would have otherwise, but it's not one of those that will linger.

moforisu

Jun 12, 2006
It's just tough when your right there at the end of the game on the road and this would of been a big win. Guys played really hard. KSU made FT's and a couple of shots when we couldn't.

Help Support Us

Become a patron