Utah mom needs economics lesson

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Gunnerclone said:
Utah just needs to stop in general. Like, stop everything. Stop existing.
But what about...... And don't forget they..... Wait, what does Utah actually do again?

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I think we're protecting the endangered practice of polygamy.

is it just me or is this one law that's got to be impossible to enforce? so Guy is married and has 3 other female roommates. problem solved.

and with buying the shirts, it's like paying a theater for all their seats so no one else can see the naughty movie does she not realize she'd have to buy literally every shirt they make and they will just keep making more.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
is it just me or is this one law that's got to be impossible to enforce? so Guy is married and has 3 other female roommates. problem solved.

and with buying the shirts, it's like paying a theater for all their seats so no one else can see the naughty movie does she not realize she'd have to buy literally every shirt they make and they will just keep making more.

I don't have a problem with Polygamy, I have a problem with polygamists. If they weren't all weird and creepy and ugly (both the compound ones and the reality show ones) then it wouldn't be an issue.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
But what about...... And don't forget they..... Wait, what does Utah actually do again?

Well, they do have some awesome national parks....but that's more good fortune of close proximity to where ol' Brigham Young decided to plant stakes than it is an accomplishment.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
When I saw this article on Yahoo they had the images blurred out. Needless to say I went right to the PacSun website to check these out for myself.

ThurgoodMarshal

Jul 18, 2011
Ankeny, IA
and what the hell is a Ute?
Uteaholic_large.jpg

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
When I saw this article on Yahoo they had the images blurred out. Needless to say I went right to the PacSun website to check these out for myself.

I saw this on the local news this morning, blurred out as well. I figured they were close to nude women doing borderline vulgar acts and she probably had a good cause. Seeing the shirts now, WTF? Where I don't think they would be appropriate for school or business, they certainly are far from offensive.

InAWord

Nov 16, 2010
Utah just needs to stop in general. Like, stop everything. Stop existing.

Because a woman went overboard in her personal crusade against what she thought was vulgar? If that's your bar, I am curious to know what states you approve of and would make the 'allowed to exist' cut?

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Because a woman went overboard in her personal crusade against what she thought was vulgar? If that's your bar, I am curious to know what states you approve of and would make the 'allowed to exist' cut?

Whatever state you're from is clearly cut. Unless you're from Iowa, then we'll just cut your town.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I saw this on the local news this morning, blurred out as well. I figured they were close to nude women doing borderline vulgar acts and she probably had a good cause. Seeing the shirts now, WTF? Where I don't think they would be appropriate for school or business, they certainly are far from offensive.
Yes they are far from offensive to the majority of us. If she finds them offensive then she has that right. Buying them all wasn't exactly the smartest move. I should send he a note and tell her I'd be willing to take any XLs off her hands.