Who would agree...Perfect weekend for Clones...

mcdrier

Dec 11, 2013
If the following happen, would you say it was the perfect weekend for the Clones:

ISU wins by 20 over TCU, allowing Ejim and Niang get some rest before the Monday Game at WV

WV losses to KU in the Phog to push WV down in the Big 12 Standings

Baylor, with its back against the wall, beats OU in Norman to push OU down in the standings

Mich. comes to Iowa City and gives Iowa its 3rd straight HOME loss

Texas losing to KSU at KSU (pushing TX down in the standings)

Give your odds on each happening:

ISU beating TCU 99%

WV lossing to KU 99%

Baylor beating OU in Norman 60%

Texas losing to KSU in Manhattan 70%

Mich. beating Iowa in IC 40% (seems like Iowa always wins these types of games, when things are down they usually find a way to win)

Thoughts?

What odds would Vegas say all things happening our way? 1:50?

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
All of the big 12 stuff yes. Dont care about Iowa at this point.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
If the following happen, would you say it was the perfect weekend for the Clones:

ISU wins by 20 over TCU, allowing Ejim and Niang get some rest before the Monday Game at WV

WV losses to KU in the Phog to push WV down in the Big 12 Standings

Baylor, with its back against the wall, beats OU in Norman to push OU down in the standings

Mich. comes to Iowa City and gives Iowa its 3rd straight HOME loss

Texas losing to KSU at KSU (pushing TX down in the standings)

Give your odds on each happening:

ISU beating TCU 99%

WV lossing to KU 99%

Baylor beating OU in Norman 60%

Texas losing to KSU in Manhattan 70%

Mich. beating Iowa in IC 40% (seems like Iowa always wins these types of games, when things are down they usually find a way to win)

Thoughts?

What odds would Vegas say all things happening our way? 1:50?

Replace the Iowa thing with Vaughn committing.

cytown

Aug 8, 2012
Naperville, IL
I'd think we'd want Iowa to win to boost our RIP and SOS? And I'd pass on all of that for Vaughn to commit.

Edit - err, nm. Didn't realize they are playing the Wolverines (who we beat). A 40 point blowout or them blowing another late lead while Fran getting tossed is in order then.

Last edited:

maciues

Nov 20, 2013
Better with KU losing to WV. WV can pick up some other losses later, including twice to ISU. Plus, maybe WV wear themselves out in a big win against Kansas, making it easier for ISU to beat them on Monday.

mcdrier

Dec 11, 2013
I forgot about the Vaughn thing happening....In regards to the Iowa/Mich. game, either way the Clones win in terms of boosting RPI/BPI, since we beat both.

I am not a Hawk fan at all, I will take them losing every time against anyone. Even if they played Mizzou or KU, I would still want Mizzou or KU to win.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
We want KU to lose and I don't care about Iowa.

Also, OU is way more likely to beat BU than you said.

And if RV doesn't commit here the weekend will be ruined either way.

cytown

Aug 8, 2012
Naperville, IL
I forgot about the Vaughn thing happening....In regards to the Iowa/Mich. game, either way the Clones win in terms of boosting RPI/BPI, since we beat both.

I am not a Hawk fan at all, I will take them losing every time against anyone. Even if they played Mizzou or KU, I would still want Mizzou or KU to win.

I root for an asteroid to hit the arena whenver/wherever KU plays (assuming its not against us). So if they played Iowa, the asteroid strike would be doubly sweet.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
OU coming off of two road losses. OU has better than 60% chance of beating Baylor, imo.

mcdrier

Dec 11, 2013
I can def. see OU beating Baylor, I am just thinking the cornered animal effect...Baylor needs to put a run together to get back into bubble talk, and beating OU will help them. I would think Baylor needs to wake up, but would anyone agree than Baylor maybe a lost team this year...They seem to play without passion and emotion.

cytown

Aug 8, 2012
Naperville, IL
Idk - that loss to KU seemed to really take the wind out of BU's sails. I think they know they needed that game. I'd be shocked if OU didn't beat them.

mcdrier

Dec 11, 2013
I think you are right...I would not be surprised if Baylor lays down the rest of the year. They did look dejected at the end of the KU game.

cytown

Aug 8, 2012
Naperville, IL
I think you are right...I would not be surprised if Baylor lays down the rest of the year. They did look dejected at the end of the KU game.

They did. Just completely deflated. Its been a bad year for them. They know they need to go on a run. They needed to beat the Jayhawks to kickstart things. I just don't see them doing much of anything the rest of the way in. And thats shocking when you see they were in the top ten just a month ago.

CornFedIABoy

Jan 8, 2014
Better with KU losing to WV. WV can pick up some other losses later, including twice to ISU. Plus, maybe WV wear themselves out in a big win against Kansas, making it easier for ISU to beat them on Monday.

That is a strategically better outcome for ISU than a WVU loss.

And ISU beating TCU so badly that both Ellerman and Bubu get quality mintues would be very very nice.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
OU coming off of two road losses. OU has better than 60% chance of beating Baylor, imo.

He gave Baylor the 60% chance. Baylor can win that game but no pre-game indicator will be close to 60%.

mcdrier

Dec 11, 2013
There is prolly no way for ISU to catch ISU in the big 12 standings, and WVa is tied with us in the conf. It will push WV back down to reality in Conf. play and begin the decent for them and the ascent for us in the big 12 standings. We need to get 2nd or 3rd place in the reg. season conf. standings for us to avoid playing KU in the semis of the Big 12 tourney in KC. We will win more games as we move forward, but other teams need to lose more as well for us to climb.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
All of the big 12 stuff yes. Dont care about Iowa at this point.
Consider it a Michigan thing. UM winning on the road helps ISU more than Iowa winning at home.