Media Butthurt over CPR and Lazard

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I just think it is hilarious that on a day when the BOR approves for ISU to go ahead with the development of a plan to spend up to 60 million dollars to expand Jack Trice up to 60,000 capacity, these fools think the big story is that the local media, including them, is not going to be able to talk to a 17/18 year old kid in his first year in college.

It is a simple story for them to cover...whine...whine....my butt hurt so bad...whine...CPR tromped my butt....whine...40 minutes later.

Brad4Cyclones

Dec 13, 2011
Sears HATES ISU. HATES!

Andy and Murph lose all credibility when they put him in there to interview Lazard and than say he was just asking questions people want to know. Which is to bad, b/c I like both guys.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
These are the same guys who defended the former Rag columnist who flat out said he didn't like ISU.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
This may be the tipping point where the media learns it's not a winning business model to openly cheer against Iowa State. When it was a 80/20 split in ISU football's basement years it probably was a solid model to staff a media outlet with Hawk homers. No longer.

RoseBowlBound

Sep 13, 2011
Iowa City via WDM
They are not or shouldn't be upset about the media ban. I think they are more upset about throwing stones from glass houses. None of this would have been an issue if Lazard wouldnt have spoken openly about taking other visits.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
They continue to say Lazard kept taking visits. No he didn't. He took 1 visit to ND. ONE. He shut down his recruiting after that and they continued to chase him. It just makes these guys look even dumber when they talk about it and yet really don't know anything except what they tell each other.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I didn't follow Scheel's recruitment that closely but wasn't he an Iowa legacy? Did he have to face a fraction of the local media scrutiny over his choice that Lazard did?

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I just finished watching the whole signing day special. Good production and I like that class that they've signed. Just turned on KXNO and they are still blabbing on about it. I think a lot of this goes back to last year and the media questions / comments. The major papers in the state are both much more aligned with Iowa mainly just because they were the main/only game in town during the papers heyday. Now, printed papers are going away and they don't like it and coincidentally ISU is also coming along and challenging Iowa for the primary school in the state.

Really, I'm going to throw the blame at the NCAA. 1.) Because they suck at everything, 2.) They hate ISU and 3.) We really need an early signing period like other sports so that the athletes that have made up their minds can end all of this harassment. I know that it would really drive me crazy but I don't like the phone all that much. How many of you are completely tired of political negative ads before an election and that's just television ads and some robo calls.

cyclone83

Apr 10, 2006
Has there ever been a Murph and Andy show where the entire show has been devoted to a single topic? No time for Tana, guess who's birthday, 3 point play etc.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
As the Iowa fan that called in pointed out, Hayden Fry was the king of bending the media over and giving it to them and loved to get up on his soapbox occasionally. Guess what? Paul got the chance to do it and he took it.

In no way is this a big deal, the media has been bent over a barrel for decades in Iowa City and I have no idea why they're all flipping out about someone at Iowa State doing it now.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
As the Iowa fan that called in pointed out, Hayden Fry was the king of bending the media over and giving it to them and loved to get up on his soapbox occasionally. Guess what? Paul got the chance to do it and he took it.

In no way is this a big deal, the media has been bent over a barrel for decades in Iowa City and I have no idea why they're all flipping out about someone at Iowa State doing it now.

The demographics and enrollment numbers are changing, combined with ISU having the better basketball program for two decades and becoming more competitive in football with a clear hiccup here and there...unless you're exclusively catering to the over 60 state of Iowa sports fans there's no reason for the one sided coverage we saw through the entire 90s.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
They are not or shouldn't be upset about the media ban. I think they are more upset about throwing stones from glass houses. None of this would have been an issue if Lazard wouldnt have spoken openly about taking other visits.
You think Murph and Andy can use the "throwing stones from glass houses", when as a couple of sports talk radio guys they are upset with CPR being critical of how guys like them do their jobs?

RoseBowlBound

Sep 13, 2011
Iowa City via WDM
did he face any scrutiny at all?
For one, he wasn't the same level of recruit (national attention, all american). Also, he wasn't a legacy so I think that may have helped. I think a lot of people come down on Allen because they see he has pretty much any opportunity in the world and they think he's only staying because of family ties. That's not how I feel however.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
I'm not talking about Rhoads ******** at the media, I'm talking more about ******** at Iowa and ND.

I don't think he was ******** about them continuing to recruit I think it was a "See this? I got him *******, nice waste of money there". The guy was excited about getting his prize recruit and wanted to rub it in their faces

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
no but he never took another visit or openly said he wasnt 100% committed to Iowa
For the same reasons CPR laid down the law, I have avoided AL "news". When exactly did Lazard say he wasn't 100% committed to ISU?
That is the issue right there- unless you have said in the past week you are 100% committed to ISU, the local media thinks it is time to ask if you are finally reconsidering.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron