South End Zone Plans Regents meeting

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
So based on the initial release about the $25 million gift the regents were going to give final approval of the project in February. Looking at the Regents schedules the Feb meeting is set for 6-7th in 2 and a half weeks. So I would guess they have at the least the conceptual designs drawn up by now.

My question is this:
Which one of you has seen them, and is it awesome? I know there was at least one of you fanatics that are at the design firm. Throw us a freaking bone here.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
My donation specifically to the SEZ project is dependent on the plans so yes please throw us a bone! :smile:

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Agenda talks about making south end parking lots green space between the stadium and Reiman Gardens. I know this was discussed as a possibility, but it seems pretty concrete here. Let the parking lot shuffle death match begin!

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
So it is not to exceed $60 million. That doesn't seem like much compared that what I figured they would do. If they are going to match the bottom bowl on each side, East and West, it seems like $60 million would quite do it.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Potential for a lounge area is mentioned to go along with other premium seating options.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
"The addition of an upper deck to the south end zone will provide an opportunity to increase the
stadium’s capacity with noticeable aesthetic improvements to the stadium."

So is there a possibility the SEZ doesn't even get bowled in?

Last edited:

abe2010

Jan 14, 2009
Story City, IA
Agenda talks about making south end parking lots green space between the stadium and Reiman Gardens. I know this was discussed as a possibility, but it seems pretty concrete here. Let the parking lot shuffle death match begin!

seems pretty grassy to me

abe2010

Jan 14, 2009
Story City, IA
"The addition of an upper deck to the south end zone will provide an opportunity to increase the
stadium’s capacity with noticeable aesthetic improvements to the stadium."

So is there a possibility the SEZ doesn't even get bowled in?

"The University requests permission to proceed with project planning, including the design
professional selection process, for the Jack Trice Stadium Improvements Phase 3 – South End
Zone and Green Space project, which would replace and renovate the existing south end zone
seating, upgrade the south end zone concourse infrastructure, upgrade the stadium south video
board and sound system components, and construct additional premium seating (club, suite or
lounge) and storage. "

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron