Hogue chewing on toothpick???

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I'm sure glad they are calling attention to this so when we go to Waco Drew can ask the refs to check Hogue for the "dangerous weapon" he is concealing in his mouth.

jtdoyle1

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I'm sure glad they are calling attention to this so when we go to Waco Drew can ask the refs to check Hogue for the "dangerous weapon" he is concealing in his mouth.

Don't worry the University of Iowa already contacted all of our opponents to warn them of this.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
Just noticed that someone already did this, and they did it better.

Last edited:

Dino

Mar 26, 2009
Des Moines
Really, though, playing baseball with a toothpick in your mouth I can see. Playing basketball, in particular the way Hogue plays, makes me **** my head in wonderment. To each his own I suppose. Just hope he doesn't get injured some freakish way.

Try Benson Henderson, defended his UFC lightweight title while fighting with a toothpick in his mouth.

Benson-Henderson-end-of-third-round-with-toothpick-in-his-m.gif

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
My friend, Bob Sacamano, used to play with an old glass thermometer in his mouth. Wanted to know if he would overheat or not.

Really, though, playing baseball with a toothpick in your mouth I can see. Playing basketball, in particular the way Hogue plays, makes me **** my head in wonderment. To each his own I suppose. Just hope he doesn't get injured some freakish way.

I thought it was Jay Reimenschneider. You know, that one that eats horse meat all the time.

Reactions: BigLame

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
It isn't. If the refs see it they would surely make him throw it away.

I seriously doubt anyone considered this as a possibility and actually put something in the rule book making it illegal.

NCCA MBB rules section 2.12.4.6.32.146.75

A player shall not be allowed to have the following items in their mouth: toothpicks, dental floss, matches, flaming swords, Scott Drew's....

It goes on from there.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
...and he's got a 32 gun in his pocket for fun and a razor in his shoe!

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Maybe its one of those "funny" toothpicks. The ones I believe are legal for all Colorado Buffalo home games now :-L

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
I seriously doubt anyone considered this as a possibility and actually put something in the rule book making it illegal.

NCCA MBB rules section 2.12.4.6.32.146.75

A player shall not be allowed to have the following items in their mouth: toothpicks, dental floss, matches, flaming swords, Scott Drew's....

It goes on from there.

Grinding...you've got an old copy of the rulebook, it seems...in the latest revision, 2.12.4.6.32 subsection 142 was removed (regarding the allowable sizes and counts of particulate matter per square foot on the courts during warmups). Obviously, the subsequent sections were renumbered, now making that paragraph subsection 145 in the current revision. It only came out last week, many haven't caught up to it, but as you know, Fred's on top of these things, thus explaining the dirty court drama with Baylor...Drew of course ain't got his stuff together like Dreamy.