Malik Dime---Indian Hills (reported UW commit)

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
Watched this kid play and I think he is the next big thing at ISU if we can land him in next year's class. Very raw still but blocks a ton of shots and runs the floor extremely well. His Rivals page has no offers and only ISU showing interest but I think this kid is Kelvin Cato 2.0. Indian Hills head coach Barret Peery said he will get a triple double with pts, rebs, and blocks at some point this year. 6'10", 225lbs and played on the Senegal National team but I don't know much beyond that. Anybody else have info or seen him play?

Last edited by a moderator:

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Re: Malik Dime---Indian Hills

I'm pretty sure he was on campus for a visit recently with a couple of other IHCC guys. He would probably be a great replacement for Hogue/Edozie next year and could play with Niang, McKay and Nader for a year. Then as a senior, he would probably start and be a huge factor.

Either way, I love the fact that IHCC is a place that we can tap into with Fred. Having Hogue find this level of success (hopefully McKay too) will probably help us out there going forward.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008

Offensively, he is very raw. Extremely athletic and could be a great addition on the defensive end and someone who could get a lot of put backs/dunks. Would be intimidating to have on the other end. Seems to like Iowa State. Pretty sure he has visited a few times.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there

FWIW, IHCC games are archived online.

He does look to have high-major potential, but it is hard to judge IHCC big guys due to their style of play. Great athlete that does not look timid like some big guys. Given Edozie does not play, I am not sure how much Dime would as he is just as raw. I think Washington looks the most Big 12 ready, but is not the athlete of Dime.
The 7'0" footer, Manyang will get looks as well. He moves well and has decent touch for a guy that size. Probably not good enough talent though considering he is not a great fit.

Last edited:

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007

FWIW, IHCC games are archived online.

He does look to have high-major potential, but it is hard to judge IHCC big guys due to their style of play. Great athlete that does no look timid like some big guys. I think Washington looks the most Big 12 ready, but not the athlete.
The 7'0" footer, Manyang will get looks as well. He moves well and has decent touch for a guy that size. Probably not good enough talent though considering he is not a great fit.

The nice thing about b-ball is that these guys can work out with our players when they're in town. With our proximity to IHCC, we should always get a chance to do a thorough evaluation, which is a huge advantage.

Just look at Hogue. Because of their style, most teams/coaches probably could tell he was a great athlete, but questioned if he could play at this level. Obviously Fred must have seen something in his workouts that told him Amardi and Hogue could be really helpful, despite less than impressive stats.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006

Interesting player. The biggest caveat I see is signing such a raw player with only 2 years to play. If he was a HS freshman, it would make more sense.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011

Yes, I've seen him play. Awesome kid.

1Nation

May 16, 2013
CA

Sign Dime and hire whoever from Louisville taught Gorgui Dieng his skills, Dieng was also from Senegal and that turned alright for Louisville. I lived in Louisville when Dieng was a freshman and same stuff "raw on offense, blocks lot of shots, etc..." Guy turned into a first round draft pick.

We've got an extra scholarship now, why not take a chance on this kid instead of another guard that probably won't see the floor.

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge

Has more talent then Edozie, wouldn't mind seeing fred pick this kid up. Is he 2014 recruit or 2015? He would be a great get in the 2015 class if we lose Diallo

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006

He is a freshman. IHCC legitimately has 6-8 guys this year that will play D-1 so it's tough to evaluate players with the limited minutes to go around. The one thing Hoiberg hasn't had in his tenure is a shot blocker and I think this kid is it. I'll bet Hickory Park to anybody that he picks up 8-10 major offers by this time next year

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com

Is Fred still in good with ihcc coach? Not that it matters a ton, but there seemed to be some animosity towards Fred when Amardi left.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron