Top Half of Conference

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006
If we win Saturday and K-State beats Baylor, we will be tied for 6th in the conference. Granted, it will be a huge log jam at the 6 spot so I have no idea where we would stand with the tie breakers, but the top half of the conference is on the line Saturday. We need to take that 6 spot and run with it. :smile:

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
Not bad considering our rebuilding situation. I really hope we steal one Saturday. I realize Tech is tough at home and they smoked Colorado tonight but they're very beatable.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
We will need some upsets to avoid finishing in last place. I'm assuming that we are dogs in all remaining games. If CU wins at home against us & BU, they win the tiebreaker if we don't knock off someone else. Not what I want to see, but it could very well happen.

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
I think we're an underdog from here on out. Even at Colorado. But, I do think 4 of the 5 games are winnable. Kansas being the not winnable game. I still only see us winning 1, MAYBE 2 games the rest of the way.

Hope I'm wrong

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006
Call me crazy, but I really think we're going to beat either K-State or Kansas. K-State has not been impressive on the road this year (see the loss to Nebraska) and crazy things happen when Kansas comes to town.

cyclonemaniac7

Apr 11, 2006
Texas Tech is tough at home. They have only lost once at home in conference play. KU will definitely be difficult. KSU has been fairly inconsistent, so it's kind of a toss up on that one. I don't know if we should expect more than 2 wins in the remaining games. I think this would put us at about 9th in the conference.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Finishing in the top half would be a major feat at this point. Still no road win or shown the ability to put teams away at home - instead letting them hang around and either eek it out in the end or give up the win.

Our biggest problem still remains this year as it did last year and I don't see it suddenly changing - scoring. We just can't consistently score points.

I think we'll end up below 8th in the final standings. Prove me wrong. :)

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
We were picked to finish last weren't we? By the coaches and media, right? Anything better than that and I'd be a happy man, shows we exceeded expectations. I would be much more happier if we win out and go to the NIT. Don't worry, I wrote that with my fingers crossed while I was knocking on wood.

CycloneTony

Nov 3, 2007
Indianola
It was never a disappointing season to me anyways. It would be amazing if we can get above sixth im really just hoping we can get a winning record this year that would be enough for me.

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
If we win out..

lets see we are..14-12

we have 5 games left

if we win out that puts us at
19-12

i think we would need 2 more in tourney to have a shot at the dance, miight get lucky with one.. but idk...Even for the other two tourneys i think we would need at least one in the tourny

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
Call me crazy, but I really think we're going to beat either K-State or Kansas. K-State has not been impressive on the road this year (see the loss to Nebraska) and crazy things happen when Kansas comes to town.

You're crazy. :wink:

Help Support Us

Become a patron