Wow UPS....

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
Ok first of all I was just surprised that UPS was out of service on Friday when Fedex and many other large businesses are open. Second, I don't need it now, it can wait. It's just I had it all planned out, not a problem that it didn't work out. Third, I'm not going to pay $90 for next day service when ground is free on ebay

Arent you in high school?

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Well sorry we lost your business. But as a driver who routinely works 11 hour days and will work 12 to 14 hr days for the next month I greatly appreciated the day off. It takes two fedex drivers to do a ups route... just sayin ;)

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
First off original poster. I work for ups and feel absolutely no sympathy for someone who ABSOLUTELY NEEDS SOMETHING NOW but pays for ground as opposed to paying a little extra for next day service. I know it's a crazy business model we run but u get what u pay for. I really wanted Applebee's last night when I left the bar but they were closed. That sucked. Never eating there ever again.

As a small business owner there really aren't any days off. I worked Thanksgiving morning and I was back in the shop working yesterday morning. It sucked last year when I expected product to arrive on a non-holiday, but didn't get it. I learned from it and put 2-day air on packages I needed this year. Fed Ex will probably get a look next year since ground shipping is generally free from the companies I order from. I get where OP is coming from...the world doesn't stop because it's the day after Thanksgiving.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Well sorry we lost your business. But as a driver who routinely works 11 hour days and will work 12 to 14 hr days for the next month I greatly appreciated the day off. It takes two fedex drivers to do a ups route... just sayin ;)

No you didn't lose my business. I bought the parts on Wednesday. I still prefer UPS to Fedex because UPS will leave everything at my door, Fedex won't, even if a signature isn't required, they still want a signature. And you have a little bigger 2 day ground area to my location than Fedex. As you said, I think it's dumb fedex uses two drivers for one area.

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
As a small business owner there really aren't any days off. I worked Thanksgiving morning and I was back in the shop working yesterday morning. It sucked last year when I expected product to arrive on a non-holiday, but didn't get it. I learned from it and put 2-day air on packages I needed this year. Fed Ex will probably get a look next year since ground shipping is generally free from the companies I order from. I get where OP is coming from...the world doesn't stop because it's the day after Thanksgiving.

If u need something delivered on the Friday after Thanksgiving u can get it, just not ground. I know thanksgiving sneaks up on people every year since it's so unpredictable it's hard to keep essential business supplies running for 2 days.

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
If u need something delivered on the Friday after Thanksgiving u can get it, just not ground. I know thanksgiving sneaks up on people every year since it's so unpredictable it's hard to keep essential business supplies running for 2 days.

Like I said, I did 2-day air this year. Just seems silly they don't do ground shipping. Glad you're the resident UPS ambassador for Cyclonefanatic.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
No you didn't lose my business. I bought the parts on Wednesday. I still prefer UPS to Fedex because UPS will leave everything at my door, Fedex won't, even if a signature isn't required, they still want a signature. And you have a little bigger 2 day ground area to my location than Fedex. As you said, I think it's dumb fedex uses two drivers for one area.

It has been years since I have signed anything from FedEx and I have got some high dollar stuff.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
We ordered a cell phone case 11/26, Amazon Prime guaranteed delivery of 11/29. Still isn't here. UPS.

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
I apologize if I was a smartass I just didn't expect to see any ups bashing on cyclonefanatic today..lol got a little defensive ;)

Cpech56

Aug 12, 2012

This is completely false and something an arrogant Union worker would say. If you honestly think I couldnt handle your route myself your nuts. The comical part is FedEx doesnt hire "helpers" you know, the guy sitting in your front seat running the package to the front door for you while you sort packages in the back while chewing on a hot dog and texting your wife? Get a grip man and get over yourself/company. I work hard and I promise you much harder than you. Was Friday fun for you? While you were at home eating whatever Ma and Pa made ya?

Cpech56

Aug 12, 2012

This is also completely false and I would like to know what area you live in? One, unless its booze or something the SHIPPER requires you sign for than you never need a signature. Other than those two reasons a driver will always leave a package unless its a business. Two, I dony know whose telling you that theres multiple FedEx drivers per area but their wrong. Unless you consider ALL of Ankeny one area. Which I can assure you there isnt just one UPS driver delivering to Ankeny. Its comical to me what people say about businesses without actually knowing the truth. I may have been a little harsh to the guy above but he doesnt know what he's talking about. If you have questiond about your area I would be happy to answer them.

Cpech56

Aug 12, 2012
You do realize that if I have the opportunity to leave a package without a signature and choose not too that only means one more stop the next day and day after that? Those begin to pile up and quite honestly 135-150 stops a day is enough the way it is. Thats not including nightly pickups.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
This is also completely false and I would like to know what area you live in? One, unless its booze or something the SHIPPER requires you sign for than you never need a signature. Other than those two reasons a driver will always leave a package unless its a business. Two, I dony know whose telling you that theres multiple FedEx drivers per area but their wrong. Unless you consider ALL of Ankeny one area. Which I can assure you there isnt just one UPS driver delivering to Ankeny. Its comical to me what people say about businesses without actually knowing the truth. I may have been a little harsh to the guy above but he doesnt know what he's talking about. If you have questiond about your area I would be happy to answer them.

I think it's because I live in an apartment complex, they won't leave packages at a risk they're more likely to get stolen or something. Not in my town that won't happen. On the 2 trucks in one area I can assure you I saw an Express and Home Delivery truck at the same house at the same time.

I do actually have a question, you may not have seen it. I ordered a part yesterday, and the seller uses Fedex Ground. The seller is located in the overnight ground area to my location, and I know Fedex Ground/Home Delivery delivers on Saturday, which is why I chose this seller. As of 7:15am this morning, tracking info says "On Fedex vehicle for delivery. Scheduled for delivery next business day." I haven't got it yet so I'm guessing it'll be here Monday, which isn't a problem. Can you tell me why this is though?

I live in a small town in Southern Wisconsin. My area is covered by Express out of Janesville and Home Delivery out of Madison

And now that I think of it, I've had about 4 or 5 different Fedex drivers. Only one of them wants me to sign. She is an Express driver.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron