Wow UPS....

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
This is completely false and something an arrogant Union worker would say. If you honestly think I couldnt handle your route myself your nuts. The comical part is FedEx doesnt hire "helpers" you know, the guy sitting in your front seat running the package to the front door for you while you sort packages in the back while chewing on a hot dog and texting your wife? Get a grip man and get over yourself/company. I work hard and I promise you much harder than you. Was Friday fun for you? While you were at home eating whatever Ma and Pa made ya?

I've seen these drivers. I doubt you work harder. Certainly not much harder.

Cpech56

Aug 12, 2012
I think it's because I live in an apartment complex, they won't leave packages at a risk they're more likely to get stolen or something. Not in my town that won't happen. On the 2 trucks in one area I can assure you I saw an Express and Home Delivery truck at the same house at the same time.

I do actually have a question, you may not have seen it. I ordered a part yesterday, and the seller uses Fedex Ground. The seller is located in the overnight ground area to my location, and I know Fedex Ground/Home Delivery delivers on Saturday, which is why I chose this seller. As of 7:15am this morning, tracking info says "On Fedex vehicle for delivery. Scheduled for delivery next business day." I haven't got it yet so I'm guessing it'll be here Monday, which isn't a problem. Can you tell me why this is though?

I live in a small town in Southern Wisconsin. My area is covered by Express out of Janesville and Home Delivery out of Madison

Apartments are different you are correct. I was taught that if theres a secured entrance that its ok to leave but if anyone can come in and out than its best not to leave it. Most people ***** and complain about this but generally they complain even more when told their stuff was stolen.

You mentioned you saw two different FedEx trucks at the same place at the same time. FedEx Express and Home Delivery are two different companies and dont even operate out of the same building.

Your question about where your package is at I dont know the answer to. My suggestion is to call the terminal that FedEx Ground operates out of and they can contact the driver directly and gve you an ETA. I will tell you we were only delivering to homes and businesses we knew were going to be open ahead of time.

No matter whether you use UPS or Fedex please remember that "Peak Season" started Wednesday and the drivers in your area may have 20-40 extra stops a day and for some this can lead to complete madness.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Apartments are different you are correct. I was taught that if theres a secured entrance that its ok to leave but if anyone can come in and out than its best not to leave it. Most people ***** and complain about this but generally they complain even more when told their stuff was stolen.

You mentioned you saw two different FedEx trucks at the same place at the same time. FedEx Express and Home Delivery are two different companies and dont even operate out of the same building.

Your question about where your package is at I dont know the answer to. My suggestion is to call the terminal that FedEx Ground operates out of and they can contact the driver directly and gve you an ETA. I will tell you we were only delivering to homes and businesses we knew were going to be open ahead of time.

No matter whether you use UPS or Fedex please remember that "Peak Season" started Wednesday and the drivers in your area may have 20-40 extra stops a day and for some this can lead to complete madness.

Ok thanks. I knew Express and Ground were two different companies and I think that's what cyups (the ups guy) meant when he said it takes 2 trucks to do one UPS route.

I know I had awful timing wrecking my car and having had to order a bunch of parts this week with as you say "Peak Season".

I read that Fedex drivers lease the trucks and have to pay for maintenance on them. Is this true?

Cpech56

Aug 12, 2012
I read that Fedex drivers lease the trucks and have to pay for maintenance on them. Is this true?

The owner of the route is responsible for maintaining the truck yes, not the driver. In some cases the owner and driver can be the same person.

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
This is completely false and something an arrogant Union worker would say. If you honestly think I couldnt handle your route myself your nuts. The comical part is FedEx doesnt hire "helpers" you know, the guy sitting in your front seat running the package to the front door for you while you sort packages in the back while chewing on a hot dog and texting your wife? Get a grip man and get over yourself/company. I work hard and I promise you much harder than you. Was Friday fun for you? While you were at home eating whatever Ma and Pa made ya?

I say 2 drivers because there are FedEx air drivers and fedex ground drivers however there is only 1 ups driver. I would love to not have to worry about 1030 time commits every morning while I'm delivering my businesses. The FedEx guy who delivers my route has no air commits and about 130 stops a day. 130 stops for me is about 8 hours of work. And about the driver helpers comment, fedex does indeed hire driver helpers because the guy on my route has had one for 2 weeks and I have yet to have one. I'm pretty sure if u had 280 stops like I will this month u would be in the fetal position in the back of your package car.

Cpech56

Aug 12, 2012
I say 2 drivers because there are FedEx air drivers and fedex ground drivers however there is only 1 ups driver. I would love to not have to worry about 1030 time commits every morning while I'm delivering my businesses. The FedEx guy who delivers my route has no air commits and about 130 stops a day. 130 stops for me is about 8 hours of work. And about the driver helpers comment, fedex does indeed hire driver helpers because the guy on my route has had one for 2 weeks and I have yet to have one. I'm pretty sure if u had 280 stops like I will this month u would be in the fetal position in the back of your package car.

Lol, that was good. What area do you deliver? I can see which driver has a helper pretty quickly because I know of zero owners who have a 2md guy in the truck unless its first two weeks of training. You complain about 280 stops but yet your paid hourly? Makes Sense. I'm sure you have plenty to complain about at your Union meetings aswell.

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Lol, that was good. What area do you deliver? I can see which driver has a helper pretty quickly because I know of zero owners who have a 2md guy in the truck unless its first two weeks of training. You complain about 280 stops but yet your paid hourly? Makes Sense. I'm sure you have plenty to complain about at your Union meetings aswell.

I deliver in ames. And I'm not complaining about 280 stops because I signed up for the job and obviously in December it comes with the territory. I just got a kick out of a fedex driver saying he works so much harder than me. The FedEx guys I see Regularly nearly poop their pants when they look in my truck.

Cpech56

Aug 12, 2012
^Is this what happens when UPS and Fedex deliver to the same place at the same time?

Typically no. All the UPS drivers im Grimes/Ankeny/Delaware Ave area of DM have been nothing but respectful to me. Its a common courtesy to wave to other drivers throughout the day and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this guys a non waver. Typically that kind of behavior shows up in other aspects of their lives.

Cpech56

Aug 12, 2012
I deliver in ames. And I'm not complaining about 280 stops because I signed up for the job and obviously in December it comes with the territory. I just got a kick out of a fedex driver saying he works so much harder than me. The FedEx guys I see Regularly nearly poop their pants when they look in my truck.

You get a kick out of a FedEx driver saying he works harder than you but you were the first one to say anything about "working harder" good one. I'm done with the ******* match. Watch out for mailboxes, bud.

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Typically no. All the UPS drivers im Grimes/Ankeny/Delaware Ave area of DM have been nothing but respectful to me. Its a common courtesy to wave to other drivers throughout the day and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this guys a non waver. Typically that kind of behavior shows up in other aspects of their lives.

actually I get along AWESOME with all mail men and fedex drivers on my area. That's why I won't say my specific route because I love the fedex guys on my route. I was actually just having a debate about service until u said u worked harder than me while I was in the back of my truck eating a hot dog and texting my wife. It's all good fun smack talk right? I know u walk uphill to and from work everyday ;)

Cpech56

Aug 12, 2012
They pay you to climb things? I climb trees well, will they pay me? Also, i wouldnt call being a glorified delivery boy hardwork, especially when youre wearing shorts.

There are several tower companies around Des Moines and yes they pay and quite well. Company I climb for pays $31 an hour and $3 an hour pay differential for every 300ft you are up on the tower. Most work is completed between 300-500ft but I've had to go up to 1600 ft before.

Cpech56

Aug 12, 2012
actually I get along AWESOME with all mail men and fedex drivers on my area. That's why I won't say my specific route because I love the fedex guys on my route. I was actually just having a debate about service until u said u worked harder than me while I was in the back of my truck eating a hot dog and texting my wife. It's all good fun smack talk right? I know u walk uphill to and from work everyday ;)

Nothing personal and yes just smack talk. Just wanted to get the facts straight.