Wow UPS....

Cpech56

Aug 12, 2012
I work full time as a Fed-Ex ground driver and my route includes Grimes and SW/NW and Oralabor State street area in Ankeny. That being said I could personally give a **** less who people choose but I will tell you that FedEx is faster and tracks packages much closer than UPS. UPS is a Union and FedEx is not. Personally I think its bs that I am employed as a contractor and not by Fedex themselves. So no Insurance/Benefits or retirement. It blows, especially considering we have to follow all FedEx rules that apply for their package handlers which make $8 an hour mind you. They do it because their cheap and require far less overhead.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Black Friday's the same day every year. Also, I'll cut them some slack since they will bust their ***** for about the next month or so.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
UPS delivered two packages to me today, I'm not sure what this is all about?

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
UPS always runs the day after Thanksgiving. It's a skeleton crew loading, due to the one day of amazingly low package volume, but they run today.
As for the rest of Peak Season, it's something you never forget once you're in it.

MaccloNe

Sep 21, 2011
I thought this was going to be another Rashon Clark thread. He had wow UPS!

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
I work full time as a Fed-Ex ground driver and my route includes Grimes and SW/NW and Oralabor State street area in Ankeny. That being said I could personally give a **** less who people choose but I will tell you that FedEx is faster and tracks packages much closer than UPS. UPS is a Union and FedEx is not. Personally I think its bs that I am employed as a contractor and not by Fedex themselves. So no Insurance/Benefits or retirement. It blows, especially considering we have to follow all FedEx rules that apply for their package handlers which make $8 an hour mind you. They do it because their cheap and require far less overhead.

Ok I have a question for you then. Today is Saturday. I ordered a part yesterday through a seller that ships by Fedex Ground because I'm in the overnight radius for Ground from the seller's location and I know Ground/Home Delivery delivers on Saturday. The tracking info says "On vehicle for delivery. Scheduled for delivery next business day." What is this all about?

cymac2408

Jul 4, 2013
Urbandale IA
Sorry to hear you are not union, but this sounds about right how they don't pay any benefits or retirement. I work for USPS as a carrier and union Vice-President of our branch. I would be more than happy to stand in a picket line with you if you chose to stand up for yourselves. I wouldn't care if you are the competition, I just want the working man to have some decent pay, benefits and retirement packages. Good luck in your endeavors.

cymac2408

Jul 4, 2013
Urbandale IA
I will also add that I found out a couple days ago that a while back UPS changed their billing services to out of the country (outsourcing). They lost a lot of money from what I've heard because when this company overseas would bill the company sending the packages say 100 of them. They would bill them for the first one and the 100th one and miss the other 98. I'll bet this company will always use UPS in the future. You got to love sending our jobs overseas. Just a fine example of why we need to keep our jobs at home.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Ok I have a question for you then. Today is Saturday. I ordered a part yesterday through a seller that ships by Fedex Ground because I'm in the overnight radius for Ground from the seller's location and I know Ground/Home Delivery delivers on Saturday. The tracking info says "On vehicle for delivery. Scheduled for delivery next business day." What is this all about?
Next business day is monday. Oh wait, i didn't see how old this thread is.

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
First off original poster. I work for ups and feel absolutely no sympathy for someone who ABSOLUTELY NEEDS SOMETHING NOW but pays for ground as opposed to paying a little extra for next day service. I know it's a crazy business model we run but u get what u pay for. I really wanted Applebee's last night when I left the bar but they were closed. That sucked. Never eating there ever again.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
First off original poster. I work for ups and feel absolutely no sympathy for someone who ABSOLUTELY NEEDS SOMETHING NOW but pays for ground as opposed to paying a little extra for next day service. I know it's a crazy business model we run but u get what u pay for. I really wanted Applebee's last night when I left the bar but they were closed. That sucked. Never eating there ever again.

Ok first of all I was just surprised that UPS was out of service on Friday when Fedex and many other large businesses are open. Second, I don't need it now, it can wait. It's just I had it all planned out, not a problem that it didn't work out. Third, I'm not going to pay $90 for next day service when ground is free on ebay