Bubu question

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I agree, would love to see this thread closed.

So far, the only rules the thread has crossed all pertain to cruelty to horses.

beating-a-dead-horse.png

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
If Bubu is reinstated, whether that's next month or in February, where would he fit in the rotation? Long has obviously given us some great minutes so far this season. It's hard for me to see Bubu supplanting his role.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
We could have used him at the end against BYU. I really hope they don't factor that into a decision like this though.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
If Bubu is reinstated, whether that's next month or in February, where would he fit in the rotation? Long has obviously given us some great minutes so far this season. It's hard for me to see Bubu supplanting his role.

He would be competing with Morris for minutes moreso than Long.

cyclonestunners

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 14, 2011
Just looked up the BOR of regents future agenda...last item? December 2013 Docket

Thanks for that. I'm guessing that is Bubu's appeal. I wish him luck. He seems like a good guy overall, and made a mistake by associating with the wrong people. Yeah we don't know everything, etc, etc... but I have a lot of faith in the judicial process, and it was clear that the victim was at least untruthful about a major aspect of her claim (the sweater)

And this was not a trolling post, it was a serious question. I think you see decisions often made by universities or police to delay or change choices based on sports. See for example DJK or Pierre Pierce... or the delay in investigation of Winston at FSU.

cyclonestunners

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 14, 2011
CYUL8R, how about you stop answering a question claiming you know without any research. This is a legit question right now because the appeal will be heard in December... this is less than 2 weeks away.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
I am just absolutely thrilled to have Monte Morris on the team this year. Monte is going to be an amazing asset to the Cyclone team I believe. How fortunate we are!

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Question if he would get reinstated could he not do anything this year and play next year or would he be out of eligibility still. Just wondering if he could get away with not using any this year since he isn't on the team.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
So far, the only rules the thread has crossed all pertain to cruelty to horses.

But....if someone were to start posting inappropriate stuff, it would then have to be closed. So, let's be proactive and close it before it goes somewhere it shouldn't.

:pwink:

Wally86

Oct 23, 2008
Central Iowa
Let it go folks. At this point Bubu needs to let it go and learn who you hang with and situations you put yourself in can burn you.

Bubu the clones are winning stop messing with the juju.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Bubu isn't coming back.
Never say never. If the BOR said ISU made the wrong decision, he may come back. He might sue his way back on?

Any action taken by the Board will represent final agency action. The student may then pursue
judicial review as permitted by law.

Last edited:

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
This thing really just needs to go away. One way or the other, I hope after this hearing it's last we hear about it.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Agree. To be honest, I don't really think Bubu fits into the rotation right now since we are too deep with guards anyways. Probably would see very few minutes.

This thing really just needs to go away. One way or the other, I hope after this hearing it's last we hear about it.

cysox2

Nov 30, 2011
Newhall
Agree. To be honest, I don't really think Bubu fits into the rotation right now since we are too deep with guards anyways. Probably would see very few minutes.

When you only play 7, you aren't too deep any where! While I think Morris is very capable of handling the ball I think bubu would have been very valuable bringing the ball up at the end of the byu game. I'm tired of hearing about this too, but it isn't going away, at least not for a couple of weeks.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I really hope it gets overturned. It was bogus that it happened in the first place. If it was gonna happen it should have happened last year when he got suspended. Nothing new happened, and he did his time for that.

He won't play as much as before, but it will be nice to have an 8th man in the regular rotation. The boys got tired against BYU just doing the normal 7 deep.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
I think the problem with our interior is more serious than the guards, and Edozie is getting some work. I think he will get more as time goes on. You basically believe that Bubu wouldn't have made the mistakes. I welcome the idea that Morris makes mistakes because he is going to be a brilliant player, and guards need experience. I am happy he is getting experience, and I hope he gets plenty because we need him.