Bubu question

cysox2

Nov 30, 2011
Newhall
I think the problem with our interior is more serious than the guards, and Edozie is getting some work. I think he will get more as time goes on. You basically believe that Bubu wouldn't have made the mistakes. I welcome the idea that Morris makes mistakes because he is going to be a brilliant player, and guards need experience. I am happy he is getting experience, and I hope he gets plenty because we need him.

I agree with all of this. I don't agree with the people saying that isu wouldn't be any better with him or that he wouldn't play meaningful minutes. His free throw shooting and experience would have been huge in a close game on the road. I've been very impressed with the freshman guards and it's good to see them get experience but it's crazy to think that he wouldn't make this team better.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
I think the problem with our interior is more serious than the guards, and Edozie is getting some work. I think he will get more as time goes on. You basically believe that Bubu wouldn't have made the mistakes. I welcome the idea that Morris makes mistakes because he is going to be a brilliant player, and guards need experience. I am happy he is getting experience, and I hope he gets plenty because we need him.

I hope you're right about Morris but I think the jury is still out as far as him being our point guard of the future, and obviously he's only a freshman and will improve. His outside shot doesn't look good yet and I think his strength could be a liability against big 12 guards this year, especially on defense. That's why I'd love to see BuBu in the mix to back up Kane, and that very well could happen in the next few weeks. And I don't think BuBu was a distraction when he came back last year, he was a very good member of the team.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
He might make it better for awhile, but I am confident we need Monte for the long run. Sometimes it is better to look at blessings than scenarios that might not even exist if we had Bubu on the team. People gone even has positive aspects. After all, we won the game and Monte was piloting the team through call after bad call.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Call me cynical, but it's too coincidental that, out of nowhere and completey unexpected, BuBu announces to the Ames Trib he's gonna have a hearing and this thread gets started about 22-hours earlier, in the wee hours of this morning. somebody had to know something....no big deal, just something that makes me go hmmmm...

cyclonestunners

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 14, 2011
Call me cynical, but it's too coincidental that, out of nowhere and completey unexpected, BuBu announces to the Ames Trib he's gonna have a hearing and this thread gets started about 22-hours earlier, in the wee hours of this morning. somebody had to know something....no big deal, just something that makes me go hmmmm...

Haha I wish go2guy. Actually, it was posted in the wee hours because I had waaaayyyy too much caffeine last night, and rewatched the BYU game.

Note: I'm supporting Bubu, and not from a basketball team perspective, but from a "the legal process has spoken" perspective. As for people saying that we should stop talking about it and accept the fact, that's bull. The process is not over yet. The appeal is part of the process. Bubu is taking the next natural step in that process. I wish he would have done it sooner, but I can understand why he's doing it and I wish him luck.

PS: People claiming that he wouldn't fit in our line up aren't giving enough respect to Fred Hoiberg. Hoiball would find a way. Also, The fouls WILL be a problem, and we could use some more depth. Not to mention, Bubu is a scrappy player who adds energy in games (see the KSU game last year) and would be a help off the bench.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I agree with all of this. I don't agree with the people saying that isu wouldn't be any better with him or that he wouldn't play meaningful minutes. His free throw shooting and experience would have been huge in a close game on the road. I've been very impressed with the freshman guards and it's good to see them get experience but it's crazy to think that he wouldn't make this team better.
He was head honcho in the CCL when counting fantasy points. He played his best ball in the summer.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
I wouldn't want him back this year, let him be cleared and next year we'll see what happens.

cyclonestunners

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 14, 2011
He was head honcho in the CCL when counting fantasy points. He played his best ball in the summer.

Agreed, I was really excited about him after CCL. He averaged a freaking triple double. He's only the second guy to have done that in the CCL. The first? Royce White.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I wouldn't want him back this year, let him be cleared and next year we'll see what happens.

This year or nothing. It would be the same boost he gave us last year after suspension. He won't have as big of a role, but he can still help.

CYUL8R

Feb 13, 2012
CYUL8R, how about you stop answering a question claiming you know without any research. This is a legit question right now because the appeal will be heard in December... this is less than 2 weeks away.

Gee whiz take a breath. Up until tonight the earliest he would have a hearing was in Feb per the same reporters (Hines) that just said he'd be on the December agenda. This just broke so chill the F out.

Still don't see the need and that's the last I'll say about it. Carry on if you must.

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Anyone that says they don't want Bubu back this year is just dumb. He gives us a 5th year red shirt senior who has played 12 or more mpg every year. He will do nothing but help our team regardless of what role he has. He is filling one of the scholarships so we might as well get something out of the player using the scholarship. No idea why any fan wouldn't want a player on the team that will only improve our team. Just stupidity.

Reactions: swarthmoreCY

clonefanpaul

Omnipresent Lurker
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 28, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Anyone that says they don't want Bubu back this year is just dumb. He gives us a 5th year red shirt senior who has played 12 or more mpg every year. He will do nothing but help our team regardless of what role he has. He is filling one of the scholarships so we might as well get something out of the player using the scholarship. No idea why any fan wouldn't want a player on the team that will only improve our team. Just stupidity.

Also he is using a scholly this year and already redshirted. Correct me if I'm wrong, but unless we win a NCAA appeal (fat chance), this is his last possible year playing hoops at ISU.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Also he is using a scholly this year and already redshirted. Correct me if I'm wrong, but unless we win a NCAA appeal (fat chance), this is his last possible year playing hoops at ISU.
I would see winning an appeal especially if we made noise about it. I don't know how it would work but the thing that someone mentioned that I hadn't thought about is someone would have to pay their way because our scholarships are filled next year.

cyclonestunners

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 14, 2011
CYUL8R, I will carry on... the tribunes earlier articles about the appeal said he could be heard at the December meeting. You were wrong and badmouthing without any basis of facts... unfounded statements are what bring down this board sometimes, and you're really good at making them.

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA

Exactly. He is a in his 5th year to complete 4 years. If for some reason he didn't get cleared to play until say February, and he wanted to play the 2014-15 season instead he would have to apply for a waiver to play a 6th year. It's doubtful he would get it IMO. So yeah it's now or never for him to play. We can always used an experienced guard, even if he isn't one of the more talented players on our team. Experience is irreplaceable.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

Just call me stupid then.

Your rant breaks down right at the highlighted.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Haha I wish go2guy. Actually, it was posted in the wee hours because I had waaaayyyy too much caffeine last night, and rewatched the BYU game.

Note: I'm supporting Bubu, and not from a basketball team perspective, but from a "the legal process has spoken" perspective. As for people saying that we should stop talking about it and accept the fact, that's bull. The process is not over yet. The appeal is part of the process. Bubu is taking the next natural step in that process. I wish he would have done it sooner, but I can understand why he's doing it and I wish him luck.

PS: People claiming that he wouldn't fit in our line up aren't giving enough respect to Fred Hoiberg. Hoiball would find a way. Also, The fouls WILL be a problem, and we could use some more depth. Not to mention, Bubu is a scrappy player who adds energy in games (see the KSU game last year) and would be a help off the bench.

I'm ok discussing the topic. But I'm scratching my head how this topic was resurrected.

Just wondering, do you know BuBu? Or Was it really a coincidence you start a thread a couple hours before BuBu's announcement?

cyclonestunners

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 14, 2011
I'm ok discussing the topic. But I'm scratching my head how this topic was resurrected.

Just wondering, do you know BuBu? Or Was it really a coincidence you start a thread a couple hours before BuBu's announcement?

Nope, don't know him, but thanks for asking... I do think that goes on in other threads sometimes (see McDoormatt) It came up because I watched the BYU game, and thought about how thin we looked at the end, and how this will happen in the future with the new fouling rules. Niang is doing better, but I expect he might foul more come conference play, and lead to that same problem.

From there, I wondered about Bubu, and checked the regents schedule and saw they had a meeting by phone in December, and remembered in November articles that they mentioned he might be heard in December.

That's probably a more lengthy explanation than you were looking for... but I figured I've got nothing better to do on a Saturday morning than post here.