K-State MBB Struggling Again

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
This, except I wouldn't say we have more disadvantages.

We are what ISU wishes they could be. We have more Sweet 16's than ISU has all time tournament appearances. ISU haven't won a conference championship in football in 101 years, while KSU has won two in the past 9 seasons. It kills ISU fans to see K-State have so much more success.
Have fun losing 16 games in basketball this year.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
because the facts belie the assertion. you can't demean a coach for winning a championship, at least with a straight face. there's something else here with cyclone fans that doesn't make sense. perhaps it's because i spend time in the circle. i notice no one else ventures in very much.
whaaaaaaaat? :unsure: Kstate with Weber will be straight lottery winners if they can make a tourney going forward with him

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
because the facts belie the assertion. you can't demean a coach for winning a championship, at least with a straight face. there's something else here with cyclone fans that doesn't make sense. perhaps it's because i spend time in the circle. i notice no one else ventures in very much.

Except you can. The criticism of Weber was that he could do great with Self's players at illinois but fell off once he lost those. The expectation was that he might start good in manhattan but things would fall off there as well... and early signs are showing that.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
54D62702-3048-C0CE-5BE6CBC9512EF8B9.jpg

CAN YOU FEEL THE EXCITEMENT!!! TITLETOWN!!!
Best fans in the nation! lol

So you want trends or recent? You know that CFH is gonna own KSU in hoops for years. As for history, ISU still has a winning record against KSU in football.

Oh, and maybe your school should get to work on upping your game. Tier 1 research university? Nope. AAU membership? Nope.

Why are you on an ISU website worried about purple kansas? You are in for a long year. Better get used to it.

I'm pretty sure they aren't even tier 2, they are tier 3. What do they teach at K-State? Sandbox 101?

KSUcat

Sep 27, 2009
Have fun losing 16 games in basketball this year.

We are going to be fine. We are missing our starting PF and PG right now. We have been giving three freshman significant minutes. We are going to get better, especially when Jevon Thomas becomes eligible in December and when Thomas Gipson is back. We will be a middle of the pack Big 12 team, as will ISU. There's no way we lose 16 games this year.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
So you're saying Final Fours, Elite Eights, conference titles, etc are all irrelevant? Try telling that to UK, KU, Duke, or UNC fans.
Do you really think people say, "Hey how about those Tarheels from 10 years ago! What a great team!" Nobody gives a **** about teams even 5 years ago. And anyways, with Weber as your head coach you won't being seeing any of those ever again. Last year is the only exception because he was playing with Frank Martin's players and they still bowed out in the first round of the tournament.

Gnomeborg

Dec 24, 2008
I hate Purple Kansas because of Jeremiah Massey.

Ok, that's not true. I hate Jeremiah Massey because he played for KState.

I think I hate Purple Kansas so much because my parents did a good job raising me.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
We are going to be fine. We are missing our starting PF and PG right now. We have been giving three freshman significant minutes. We are going to get better, especially when Jevon Thomas becomes eligible in December and when Thomas Gipson is back. We will be a middle of the pack Big 12 team, as will ISU. There's no way we lose 16 games this year.

I will venture to say its close to that though. Real close.

Gnomeborg

Dec 24, 2008
Nosir...pulled from curriculum because they couldn't keep the purple cats from schitting in it all the time.

I cannot, and will not, believe that this was not set up ahead of time by you and Rage.

Well done, my good men (if you're really men...)

KSUcat

Sep 27, 2009
Do you really think people say, "Hey how about those Tarheels from 10 years ago! What a great team!" Nobody gives a **** about teams even 5 years ago. And anyways, with Weber as your head coach you won't being seeing any of those ever again. Last year is the only exception because he was playing with Frank Martin's players and they still bowed out in the first round of the tournament.

Nobody says that but they do bring up past success and tradition such as Final Fours, Elite Eights, conference championships, etc. You know that's how it is.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

You mean those three freshman nobody has ever heard of because Weber can't recruit?

abcguyks

Apr 11, 2006
Olathe
marcus foster was texas 3a poy, dude. but this will play itself out. k-staters are a patient lot. :v_SPIN:

I'd be impressed by Texas overall POY honors, but 3A??

Texas 3A is the classification for the third level of enrollment with <200 schools. This probably equates to Kansas 4A/5A combined at best. Noteworthy achievement, but the B12 isn't impressed by it or his three star rating.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Nobody says that but they do bring up past success and tradition such as Final Fours, Elite Eights, conference championships, etc. You know that's how it is.
Exactly my point. When has anyone ever brought up purple Kansas in the same conversation as the legacy schools in UNC, KU, Duke, Kentucky, etc. That's right...never.

JBone84

Nov 30, 2006
Rochester, MN
Bruce Weber is a terrible coach.

As an Iowa State Alum (with a family legacy at ISU) who grew up in Illinois as a huge Illini fan, I flipped a coin to decide which school to attend. I watched Bruce Weber tank a basketball program I love - I thought his first few years were promising but then the truth became clear.

I am 100% confident he will tank the KSU program as well. He is not a good recruiter, and he is not a good X/O coach. He is sufficient at recruiting enough to make you think there may be hope, but there really is none.

Have a nice day purple kittehs!

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
I cannot, and will not, believe that this was not set up ahead of time by you and Rage.

Well done, my good men (if you're really men...)

I'll address the second one first, yes, I am a man, which can be verified by my thread about getting the snip.

:wink:

and it certainly appears premeditated, but I assure you it was not...however, seeing rage's post, I did see it as a juicy hanging fruit like a roided up mid 90's MLB player facing a high school pitcher.