How do Cook and Amardi look?

Nuts4Cy

Mar 21, 2006
I am not at home and catch watch the game. Could someone report how these two former Cyclones look for Oregon? Thanks!

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
I am not at home and catch watch the game. Could someone report how these two former Cyclones look for Oregon? Thanks!
Long and athletic. Better athletes than they are Basketball players.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Amardi doesn't touch the ball much on offense, but he is basically playing starters minutes for a top 25 team. He is 6'9 and very athletic. I think he would be starting for us while Ejim is out, maybe even ahead of Hogue just due to his size. He would for sure be ahead of Gibson and Edozie. I really hope we don't regret not keeping him.

Cook looks ok. I'm not sure whose spot he would have taken. Looks to be similar size and athletic ability as Hogue but probably not as strong down low and not as good a rebounder.

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
Amardi doesn't touch the ball much on offense, but he is basically playing starters minutes for a top 25 team. He is 6'9 and very athletic. I think he would be starting for us while Ejim is out, maybe even ahead of Hogue just due to his size. He would for sure be ahead of Gibson and Edozie. I really hope we don't regret not keeping him.

Cook looks ok. I'm not sure whose spot he would have taken. Looks to be similar size and athletic ability as Hogue but probably not as strong down low and not as good a rebounder.

We won't regret missing him because we have Deandre instead.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Tough game to judge Amardi on. Not many games where you have to guard a 350 center. Would have loved to have Amardi and Cook. Especially because Cook has 3 years to play.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Amardi wouldn't play on this team much either. Edozie at least seems to completely grasp and accept his current role and is doing all he can in practice to upgrade. He has two years to do it.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Armadi just hit a nice jumper, the announcers said he scored 20 in an exhibition
No, someone else scored 20. He just says Amardi has to race back because he can eat gtowns big guy down the floor. Amardi would not be starting at ISU. Oregon has two suspended players which is why he is playing so much.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Cook is still a pup, so I'm not looking at him much. Amardi is playing a lot, but are they "real minutes"? After watching a bit of this game, and how he's being used, I don't know. He has been open a few times and nobody for Oregon looks his way. Nobody.

I think he's very athletic, but if given the choice on a 1 year scholly between him and Kane? No question at all. In response to those that may say 'rather him than DE'? First...I'd like to ball you out for a lot of reasons. Second...my 1st post.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Amardi is making his presence known in the 2nd half. He's almost Cato-like as far as athletic with a better shot. Can't cry over spilled milk, but imo he would definitely be playing for us, especially over Gibson, Edozie , and maybe Hogue depending on whether they'd go big or small. I realize we wouldn't probably have Kane, though, and without Bubu it's obvious we needed another experienced guard. I think if Amardi had been a '2 year' guy, he would be a Clone but he was odd man out.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
Amardi is going to be on sports center top 10 tonight with his last dunk He's going to be very good for Oregon, who plays similar to us.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Amardi is making his presence known in the 2nd half. He's almost Cato-like as far as athletic with a better shot. Can't cry over spilled milk, but imo he would definitely be playing for us, especially over Gibson, Edozie , and maybe Hogue depending on whether they'd go big or small. I realize we wouldn't probably have Kane, though, and without Bubu it's obvious we needed another experienced guard. I think if Amardi had been a '2 year' guy, he would be a Clone but he was odd man out.

Can't disagree with this. Amardi has 1 year. Fred is not against 1 year guys, obviously, but a 1 year guy has to be a game changer. Amardi is, again, athletic and might be really good this year. All I'm saying.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Amardi would be the first or second player off our bench. He would play more than Gibson and Edozie. Going to hate this decision until he graduates.

baller1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
WDM
Amardi would be filling the exact same role for us as he is at Oregon and we're going to regret not having him. Too bad our administrators are poor at making decisions before the school year.

baller1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
WDM
Can't disagree with this. Amardi has 1 year. Fred is not against 1 year guys, obviously, but a 1 year guy has to be a game changer. Amardi is, again, athletic and might be really good this year. All I'm saying.
Somewhat baffling to me that we potentially chose Edozie over Amardi. Nothing against Edozie but it doesn't look like he's going to contribute this year and he'll be taking a scholly next year also. Amardi would have played a big role for us this year and we would also have the free scholarship after the year.

Help Support Us

Become a patron