Marcus Mariota

cyclone111

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2008
boone
Marcus Mariota - Yahoo! Sports.

Just thought I'd share this for all those people out there that think stars really matter. Likely number 1 pick in the draft this year, was a 3 star with 2 offers. Just goes to show you never know how certain players will develop.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Thank god you are here to tell us that. We are forever in your debt.

Did you know Jake Knott was a 2 star recruit?

Here's the deal, I will take a 20 sided die and you can have a 6 sided one. We will roll against each other, high score wins. You might beat me every once in a while, but I'll be damned if I am going to pick the 6 sided die over the 20....

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008

Just thought I'd share this for all those people out there that think stars really matter. Likely number 1 pick in the draft this year, was a 3 star with 2 offers. Just goes to show you never know how certain players will develop.
Facepalm_227785.jpg

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

Here's the deal, I will take a 20 sided die and you can have a 6 sided one. We will roll against each other, high score wins. You might beat me every once in a while, but I'll be damned if I am going to pick the 6 sided die over the 20....

This is the right answer. Those evaluators miss, but they aren't missing them all. And talent matters.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

I think this has it the best for an example. I think of *s not as absolutes, but as ranges of probability. In all likelihood, across hundreds of high school students, the average ***** is better than the average **** and all the way down. Have a roster with eighty players? This starts to kick in:

Law of large numbers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

After that, you are playing from behind, like it or not.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
I think this has it the best for an example. I think of *s not as absolutes, but as ranges of probability. In all likelihood, across hundreds of high school students, the average ***** is better than the average **** and all the way down. Have a roster with eighty players? This starts to kick in:

Law of large numbers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

After that, you are playing from behind, like it or not.

Yep. And just because I roll a 1 with a 20 sided die and you rolled a 2, doesn't make the 20 sided worse over 20-25 rolls per year.

mt85

Mar 24, 2006

Don't ever try to use logic with the star-tards at Cyclone Fanatic. They have an obsessive need for validation from the snake oil salesmen. It's quite a racket, and just goes to show you that there is a sucker born every minute.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
And Eric Crouch also threw more interceptions than TD's the year he won the Heisman.
A system can do wonders for an ATHLETE.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Don't ever try to use logic with the star-tards at Cyclone Fanatic. They have an obsessive need for validation from the snake oil salesmen. It's quite a racket, and just goes to show you that there is a sucker born every minute.

That's a nice overreaction.
Stars don't mean everything, but seeing the teams with those players win over and over and over again isn't a coincidence every time.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008

Logic? You mean a guy who was a 5.7 3 star (.1 away from being a 4 star) that had 2 offers out of high school, plays like a 5 star defeats the whole process? I see.

You show me a team full of 4 and 5 star recruits, and I will show you a consistent winning program. You show me a team full of 2 and 3 star recruits and I will show you a team that is average or worse. Maybe even every 5 years they are better for a year or two, then proceed back to back to mediocre or worse. Not every player is going to play to there star ranking. There are exceptions to the rule. Your one of those people that can't seem to realize that some players turn out better than expected. Your the sucker.

Clone9

Nov 12, 2006
Boston, MA
Mariota would have had A LOT more offers, but he committed very early (June). I don't care so much about stars either, but to say that he only had 2 offers is probably a little bit off....